Wanted Bikehod bracket

Private Small Ads only. Dealers, traders or commercials will be deleted.
margarethearn

Wanted Bikehod bracket

Postby margarethearn » 18 Jun 2020, 2:27pm

Does anyone have a seat pin fitting bracket for a Bikehod trailer please?

jim maybury

Re: Wanted Bikehod bracket

Postby jim maybury » 20 Jun 2020, 8:19pm

Hi I have a compleat bike hod any good where are you jim :D

Cunobelin

Postby Cunobelin » 21 Jun 2020, 9:41am

Sainsbury's had a fleet of them, which have fallen into disuse - a long shot, but it may be worthwhile contacting.

If not speak to a local welder, very easy to knock one up.

There are a couple of options from other manufacturers that can be modified.

One I have seen was the Burley Travoy Hitch. They had simply taken the steel tubing of the same diameter and fitted to the Bike Hod, then drilled a hole through the other end, and with some washers fitted to the Travoy hitch

The other option is to look at "Tagalongs". Some of these have a hitch fitting that is a square socket. The tubing from the BikeHod can fit into this, and secure with a pin.

margarethearn

Postby margarethearn » 25 Jun 2020, 9:05pm

jim maybury wrote:Hi I have a compleat bike hod any good where are you jim :D

Hi Jim, it is only the bracket I need as it was stolen with my bike, I still have the trailer. Thanks for your post

drossall

Postby drossall » 26 Jun 2020, 7:25pm

Cunobelin wrote:Sainsbury's had a fleet of them, which have fallen into disuse - a long shot, but it may be worthwhile contacting.

Sainsbuy's or Waitrose? I've seen mention of the latter.

When I tried a Google search, I found a surprising number of hitch designs that might possibly be adapted.

My Bike Hod has done good service. Sorry to hear of your theft.

Hastinger

Postby Hastinger » 26 Jun 2020, 10:48pm

I was going to get a friend who has a welding machine to make me one once for a second bike. I bought an exhaust clamp bracket from the car spares shop which is the part that attaches to the seat pin. (They come in various sizes, and are very cheap).Then my friend was going to weld on the short section of steel tubing to make the part that the hose section then fits on. Never did get him to get around to doing it though..... It would be an easy job for the right person. Images of bike hod hitch on internet would show the person what they have to fabricate. Let me know if you want to know what the diameter of the tubing is as I still have a bike hod and hitch.

Cunobelin

Postby Cunobelin » 27 Jun 2020, 8:35am

drossall wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:Sainsbury's had a fleet of them, which have fallen into disuse - a long shot, but it may be worthwhile contacting.

Sainsbuy's or Waitrose? I've seen mention of the latter.

When I tried a Google search, I found a surprising number of hitch designs that might possibly be adapted.

My Bike Hod has done good service. Sorry to hear of your theft.

My apologies - it was Waitrose.