Schwalbe Snow Stud TAKEN

Private Small Ads only. Dealers, traders or commercials will be deleted.
Raph

Schwalbe Snow Stud TAKEN

Postby Raph » 23 Dec 2017, 1:53pm

Pair of 26" x 1.9" Schwalbe Snow Stud tyres, HS268. Done less than 100 miles, moulding line still visible along centre of tread blocks.

Not to be confused with Marathon Winter studded which have twice the studs, these have mud pattern block tread, no sipes and just one row of studs each side. And reflective sidewall stripes.

I think postage may well be around £15* but I'm near Banbury so if you're passing, pm me for the address and I can just hand them over or leave them out for you.

* please advise if you reckon there's a cheaper option, just had a look at Royal Mail and it looks like £11.99 tracked but I'm not sure that's the cheapest. Cheaper if I fold them up but they're not folding tyres and I don't want to damage the beads.
Last edited by Raph on 6 Jan 2018, 6:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

marvin

Re: Schwalbe Snow Stud pair

Postby marvin » 23 Dec 2017, 6:39pm

Try Hermes about £5.00

Raph

Postby Raph » 23 Dec 2017, 8:39pm

Just checked it out, £7.09 signed for, + an extra 50p for them to pick it up from here. Thanks!

Does that mean you want them?

PS had to use a random address to get the quote, I'm assuming that's a mainland rate. Maybe check with me first once I know the address they're going to.

marvin

Postby marvin » 23 Dec 2017, 9:00pm

Sorry not for me thanks, just trying to help.

Raph

Postby Raph » 24 Dec 2017, 2:20am

Definitely thanks for the tip, I winced a bit about £12 postage via RM. TBH I think the icy bit is over for this year so there probably won't be any takers.

I've just remember I advertised these on here a while ago, can't remember if it was for dosh, but obviously nobody took them then either. Without the studs they're just pretty good mud tyres, I might pull the studs out and use them!

AMC

Postby AMC » 30 Dec 2017, 5:22pm

If you decide not to get busy with the pincers we're moving to a house up a very steep & often icy hill; we'll be travelling fairly near Banbury next weekend & if I'm not on the train I'd be interested in collecting these. Can I PM you once I know more?

brynpoeth

Postby brynpoeth » 30 Dec 2017, 5:54pm

I thought one could fold (loop) tyres so they are a third the size
Used to do that a lot
Cycling? Of course, but it's far better on a Gillott

Raph

Postby Raph » 1 Jan 2018, 8:12pm

AMC wrote:If you decide not to get busy with the pincers we're moving to a house up a very steep & often icy hill; we'll be travelling fairly near Banbury next weekend & if I'm not on the train I'd be interested in collecting these. Can I PM you once I know more?

Sorry for slow reply, haven't checked this thread for a while. Tyres still available, I'll be delighted if they get some use! PM me for my address etc...

PS if you're on the train but not too loaded up I can meet you somewhere and hand over.
Last edited by Raph on 1 Jan 2018, 8:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raph

Postby Raph » 1 Jan 2018, 8:16pm

brynpoeth wrote:I thought one could fold (loop) tyres so they are a third the size
Used to do that a lot

You can, I've done it lots but I find the bead gets permanently distorted - might not make any difference but I prefer to keep them straight (er, round) in case the next rim they go on is a loose fit. Thin road tyres aren't so bad but MTB tyres are quite stiff and I find they suffer worse from being looped.

AMC

Re: Schwalbe Snow Stud TAKEN

Postby AMC » 9 Jan 2018, 11:51pm

Tyres duly collected, modest donation to Plan International made, thanks are due!