Pashley Pickle - New owner found

Private Small Ads only. Dealers, traders or commercials will be deleted.
Stradageek

Pashley Pickle - New owner found

Postby Stradageek » 29 Apr 2019, 7:43am

It's a long story, bear with me.

I up-cycle donated bikes for sale by a local charity. I have been a donated Pashley Pickle which was in very poor condition and could not be renovated cost effectively.

Nevertheless in admiration of this lovely machine I have cobbled together sufficient repairs to make it workable but not fit for sale.

The good bits,

Main frame and transmission are OK, I've renewed the rear wheel bearings and greased and fettled the rusty chain and dry BB, the chain guard is in place. Saddle is good but the seat post a bit rusty.

The bad bits

Front forks were bent (mostly the steerer) and have been cold formed to 'nearly' straight - not a process I'm very happy to have had to undertake
All wheels are rusty internally but have been wire brushed and treated
One rear wheel was bent and is only 'mostly true' after application of a light hammering and some cruelty to the spokes
Tyres and tubes are old and perished, though currently happily inflated to 40psi
Rear mudguards are missing.

So it's basically a project trike or a child's garden run-around for someone willing to assess the risk or change the forks

Oh and you'll need to collect it from Northampton

Any takers?
Last edited by Stradageek on 3 May 2019, 7:32am, edited 1 time in total.

[XAP]Bob

Re: Pashley Pickle

Postby [XAP]Bob » 29 Apr 2019, 7:54am

What’s the track width on a pickle?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Stradageek

Postby Stradageek » 29 Apr 2019, 8:34am

There's a question I didn't expect :)

It's 49cm to the outer edge of the tyres or 55cm including the protruding axle nuts

[XAP]Bob

Postby [XAP]Bob » 2 May 2019, 11:41pm

I presume it's a solid axle, single sprocket welded on to it?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Stradageek

Postby Stradageek » 3 May 2019, 7:31am

Solid axle, freewheel welded to the axle, one driven wheel but with a clever nylon journal bearing on the other wheel whereby wheel nut tightness can be adjusted to give a limited slip drive.

New and happy owner found - small child, three doors down loving it :D