MTB frames and bars

Private Small Ads only. Dealers, traders or commercials will be deleted.
[XAP]Bob

MTB frames and bars

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Neither are anything special, but they are surplus and it’s a new home or the skip (scrap metal merchant more likely)
844480DD-2A90-4203-8B89-73661BE989C8.jpeg
9300A5A8-295F-4CC9-A370-09E8F644C757.jpeg
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
rjb

Re: MTB frames and bars

Post by rjb »

If no one local wants the Falcon frame i would like the brake booster plate on the front fork only if you would be willing to remove it and post it. Just the booster plate not the frame. :oops: Happy to refund your postage by bank transfer. cheers, roger

ps what are the round attachments on the bottom of the booster plate. :?:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin, Raleigh 20, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Longstaff trike conversion on a Falcon corsa. :D
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

It’s not a brake booster, it’s a frame lock.

That’s what the round doodads are ;)

Was a commuting bike for a fair while.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
rjb

Post by rjb »

A bit of Google Fu has shown it to be a combined brake booster and lock. Some enterprising entropeur has combined the 2. Never seen one before. :wink:

At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin, Raleigh 20, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Longstaff trike conversion on a Falcon corsa. :D
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Worked nicely as a lock, there’s one on the back wheel as well - really easy to lock up the whole bike.

Frame locks are one of those things that should be basically standard on everything other than racers...
soapbox

Post by soapbox »

Are there no local schemes that take unwanted bikes/parts and refurbish them to sell on? We have a local one that runs as a charity, giving workshop experience to people and covers their costs by selling on low-cost, refurbished bikes.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Not that I am aware of - certainly doesn't mean there aren't any, but they're not exactly easy to find.
One organisation will only collect 20+ bikes at a time, but doesn't show me any information as to where I might be able to deliver a few...
emleyman

Post by emleyman »

I'm interested in the Diamondback frame if it's still available. I guess it's designed for 26" wheels? Do you know what frame size it is?
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

There's 14" between the dropouts and the limit on both the chain stays and the seat stays, so 26" looks about right.

The frame is just shy of 19" BB centre - top of seat tube measured along the seat tube.
emleyman

Post by emleyman »

Thanks for measuring, but I think it's a bit small for me.
I'll leave it for someone else.