KONA STOLEN DENTON MANCHESTER

Malky 1422
Posts: 75
Joined: 18 Apr 2011, 6:30pm
Location: WINSFORD CHESHIRE

KONA STOLEN DENTON MANCHESTER

Postby Malky 1422 » 18 Jan 2017, 1:22pm

This Kona was sstolen from my shed in Haughton Green Denton Manchester back in November 2014, but I have just found these pics on my photo bucket and realised about this forum, so never know, I would like it back even if I scrap it and deny the [rude word removed] that took it. It is also chip tagged.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
ChrisOntLancs
Posts: 527
Joined: 20 Oct 2016, 9:47pm

Re: KONA STOLEN DENTON MANCHESTER

Postby ChrisOntLancs » 3 Feb 2017, 4:30pm

i spend a lot of time in tameside will keep an eye and ear out! good luck getting him/her back!

Malky 1422
Posts: 75
Joined: 18 Apr 2011, 6:30pm
Location: WINSFORD CHESHIRE

Re: KONA STOLEN DENTON MANCHESTER

Postby Malky 1422 » 22 Feb 2017, 11:00pm

Thanks Chris...It has been gone a long time, but I still think about it...its tagged as well , not that it does any good untill its found or suspect by police and they then scan it. Theives are that stupid they take the chip as well.

colin54
Posts: 1066
Joined: 24 Sep 2013, 4:34pm

Re: KONA STOLEN DENTON MANCHESTER

Postby colin54 » 20 May 2019, 5:11pm

Malky, I can't see your original pictures, but I spotted this which has Kona levers, couldn't see any frame markings it looks like someone's painted silver over original red.Looks like it's been pulled out of the canal near Wigan recently.. I'll pm you the location, bit of a long shot but you never know.
P1110970.JPG

P1110971.JPG

P1110981.JPG

foxychick
Posts: 251
Joined: 5 Jul 2012, 12:05am

Re: KONA STOLEN DENTON MANCHESTER

Postby foxychick » 21 May 2019, 7:55am

This is a very old bike circa 1989 as it has thumbshifters on, where i wigan was it found?

colin54
Posts: 1066
Joined: 24 Sep 2013, 4:34pm

Re: KONA STOLEN DENTON MANCHESTER

Postby colin54 » 21 May 2019, 9:45am

foxychick wrote:This is a very old bike circa 1989 as it has thumbshifters on, where i wigan was it found?

Malky has been in touch with me and it is not his bike, it was on the Wigan side of Leeds-Liverpool canal bridge 49AA (Scot Lane) just up from DW stadium yesterday.
I had a look on Retrobike and I think it may be a 1994 Kona Fire Mountain, originally Red frame with Silver forks.

Bonefishblues
Posts: 6765
Joined: 7 Jul 2014, 9:45pm
Location: Near Bicester Oxon

Re: KONA STOLEN DENTON MANCHESTER

Postby Bonefishblues » 21 May 2019, 9:49am

colin54 wrote:
foxychick wrote:This is a very old bike circa 1989 as it has thumbshifters on, where i wigan was it found?

Malky has been in touch with me and it is not his bike, it was on the Wigan side of Leeds-Liverpool canal bridge 49AA (Scot Lane) just up from DW stadium yesterday.
I had a look on Retrobike and I think it may be a 1994 Kona Fire Mountain, originally Red frame with Silver forks.

I think in 1994 Kona was in bed with Gripshift, unless the thumbies were retrofitted (I fitted Rapidfires to my Cinder Cone)

colin54
Posts: 1066
Joined: 24 Sep 2013, 4:34pm

Re: KONA STOLEN DENTON MANCHESTER

Postby colin54 » 21 May 2019, 10:01am

[quote="Bonefishblues"
I think in 1994 Kona was in bed with Gripshift, unless the thumbies were retrofitted (I fitted Rapidfires to my Cinder Cone)[/quote]
I just went by this on Retrobike, halfway down the page...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 0#p2490784

Bonefishblues
Posts: 6765
Joined: 7 Jul 2014, 9:45pm
Location: Near Bicester Oxon

Re: KONA STOLEN DENTON MANCHESTER

Postby Bonefishblues » 21 May 2019, 10:03am

colin54 wrote:[quote="Bonefishblues"
I think in 1994 Kona was in bed with Gripshift, unless the thumbies were retrofitted (I fitted Rapidfires to my Cinder Cone)

I just went by this on Retrobike, halfway down the page...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 0#p2490784[/quote]
My mistake - my C Cone was a 1995, not a '94 :oops: