Specialized Crosstrail Disc (Brand New) Stolen :(

gillie

Specialized Crosstrail Disc (Brand New) Stolen :(

Post by gillie »

Hello, Hope you don't mind me posting but I'm trying everything!!

My Son had his Brand New Bike Stolen in Brighton last Saturday, which he bought from the Cycle to Work Scheme. He has since seen it listed as in Manchester on Ebay. He is 101% sure it is his bike and we have contacted Sussex Police and Ebay but it's not very easy. He has put in 2 offers to the seller but not accepted and he will not allow anyone to view or collect it! I wondered if perhaps that although it says it's listed in Manchester that maybe it is still in Sussex. Maybe someone might recognize the place it is pictured in. In the 1st picture it has two Fire Extinguishers shown in top right corner. I have also contacted Manchester Fire Brigade, East and West Sussex too. It looks to me a bit like the floor grills are industrial types and to the right of the extinguishers there is a door. It (as far as we know) has now been listed 2 times. On Ebay it is listed as "Specialized Crosstrail Disc 2016" £369.99 Seller is iamnang_2 The trouble is only the Police can contact Ebay and get his info etc..... and Ebay won't do a thing! we are stuck really! We have spent days trying all sorts and I am so cross and Sad for my Son. The first Bike I bought him and his Sister to share got stolen in Worthing..... Now he manages to buy one for himself..... only manages one monthly payment so far and now that's stolen!! These people make my blood boil!!! When I have spent years trying to teach my 2 to be good citizens and we have gone without!!! But...... oh NO the Thieves have the Ebay treasure chest to use! It sadly appears that everyone just lets them! Sorry to rant on! I hope you don't mind me contacting you but any help or thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards Gillie
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Specialized Crosstrail Disc (Brand New) Stolen :(

Post by Mick F »

Hi Gillie.
Just searched Ebay for Specialized Crosstrail Disc 2016, and the one you describe isn't there.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... 6&_sacat=0

Maybe it's been withdrawn?
Maybe the police are onto it?

Good luck, and best wishes.
Mick F. Cornwall
gillie

Re: Specialized Crosstrail Disc (Brand New) Stolen :(

Post by gillie »

Hello :) It's still there it's the 1st one that comes up standing in a bike holder on sale for £369.99 :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Specialized-C ... Sw9eVXVRrW

Thank you for looking :)

Gillie