KONA STOLEN DENTON MANCHESTER

Malky 1422

KONA STOLEN DENTON MANCHESTER

Post by Malky 1422 »

This Kona was sstolen from my shed in Haughton Green Denton Manchester back in November 2014, but I have just found these pics on my photo bucket and realised about this forum, so never know, I would like it back even if I scrap it and deny the [rude word removed] that took it. It is also chip tagged.

ChrisOntLancs

Re: KONA STOLEN DENTON MANCHESTER

Post by ChrisOntLancs »

i spend a lot of time in tameside will keep an eye and ear out! good luck getting him/her back!
Malky 1422

Post by Malky 1422 »

Thanks Chris...It has been gone a long time, but I still think about it...its tagged as well , not that it does any good untill its found or suspect by police and they then scan it. Theives are that stupid they take the chip as well.
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Malky, I can't see your original pictures, but I spotted this which has Kona levers, couldn't see any frame markings it looks like someone's painted silver over original red.Looks like it's been pulled out of the canal near Wigan recently.. I'll pm you the location, bit of a long shot but you never know.
P1110970.JPG

P1110971.JPG

P1110981.JPG
Nu-Fogey
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

This is a very old bike circa 1989 as it has thumbshifters on, where i wigan was it found?
colin54

Post by colin54 »

foxychick wrote:This is a very old bike circa 1989 as it has thumbshifters on, where i wigan was it found?

Malky has been in touch with me and it is not his bike, it was on the Wigan side of Leeds-Liverpool canal bridge 49AA (Scot Lane) just up from DW stadium yesterday.
I had a look on Retrobike and I think it may be a 1994 Kona Fire Mountain, originally Red frame with Silver forks.
Nu-Fogey
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

colin54 wrote:
foxychick wrote:This is a very old bike circa 1989 as it has thumbshifters on, where i wigan was it found?

Malky has been in touch with me and it is not his bike, it was on the Wigan side of Leeds-Liverpool canal bridge 49AA (Scot Lane) just up from DW stadium yesterday.
I had a look on Retrobike and I think it may be a 1994 Kona Fire Mountain, originally Red frame with Silver forks.

I think in 1994 Kona was in bed with Gripshift, unless the thumbies were retrofitted (I fitted Rapidfires to my Cinder Cone)
colin54

Post by colin54 »

[quote="Bonefishblues"
I think in 1994 Kona was in bed with Gripshift, unless the thumbies were retrofitted (I fitted Rapidfires to my Cinder Cone)[/quote]
I just went by this on Retrobike, halfway down the page...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 0#p2490784
Nu-Fogey
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

colin54 wrote:[quote="Bonefishblues"
I think in 1994 Kona was in bed with Gripshift, unless the thumbies were retrofitted (I fitted Rapidfires to my Cinder Cone)

I just went by this on Retrobike, halfway down the page...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 0#p2490784[/quote]
My mistake - my C Cone was a 1995, not a '94 :oops: