Found again! RECUMBENT FWD RAPTOBIKE

D.TEK HPVS

Found again! RECUMBENT FWD RAPTOBIKE

Post by D.TEK HPVS »

RAPTOBIKE FWD STOLEN IN CENTRAL CAMBRIDGE 
SUNDAY EVENING 15/10/17
I doubt the thief managed to pedal off with it !
Any sightings please contact me or if you spot a bargain on Gumtree or Ebay it could be hot !"£$%T^Y
Police have been informed and a crime number and pictures are available on request from the owner .
Can members broadcast this info onto other forums or local groups please .
Looking for a "sample image" just in case some folks have not seen one ..can you assist ?
Regards Kevin D.TEK 
Ps If you see a cyclist with a fresh 3" dia blood blister he may have suffered a "Rapto-bite" 
nomisp

Re: STOLEN ! RECUMBENT FWD RAPTOBIKE

Post by nomisp »

I have seen on another forum that this bike was found close to where it taken from with no apparent damage, lucky owner, one of the very few that are found and recoverd
D.TEK HPVS

Post by D.TEK HPVS »

NEW WORLD DISTANCE RECORD ATTEMPT ABORTED BY UNKNOWN MASKED RIDER
.........READ MORE ?
UPDATE AND GOOD NEWS 

Dear Kevin

I'm delighted to say that my bike has turned up, abandoned about 400 yards away from where it was stolen, in a dark corner. It seems completely undamaged.

Thank you very much indeed for your spreading of the word about its theft. It is good to know how well organised the recumbent world is!

With thanks

James

BIG THANKS TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS THE RAPTOBITE HAS  BEEN RECOVERED HURRAY 
D.TEK HPVS

Post by D.TEK HPVS »

nomisp wrote:I have seen on another forum that this bike was found close to where it taken from with no apparent damage, lucky owner, one of the very few that are found and recoverd

Thank you the good news has just been loaded .
Just for the record very few recumbent trikes or two wheelers have been stolen .
According to my records less than 12 in twenty years here in the UK !
However the recovery rate is excellent at 80% albeit sometimes it takes 12 months .
Dave Noname down the pub will not touch them ....far too hot to handle :oops:
If you attend a rally such as York and Mildenhall or a BHPC meeting with your "bargain recumbent" from no known source .
I think one or two questions would be asked .
In truth you would get a report for every hundred yards pedalled because recumbent machines are so *different
*except Little Thetford where the villagers think recumbents are mainstream
The recumbent world is close knit and always willing and able to keep a look out in my limited experience .
How refreshing in this day and age :)