Found: Rear view bike camera

barod62

Found: Rear view bike camera

Postby barod62 » 4 Feb 2018, 9:53am

Hi, I found this in the Hawarden area, on Saturday Jan 27th on the road up Tinkers Dale by Bilberry Wood.
Whoever's lost it will know its make, and on what day and at roughly what time they lost it.
If you can supply those details I'll be happy to post it back to you.
I'm sorry for picking it up, I only thought it was a rear light. If I'd realised its value I'd have left it for the owner or someone else to retrieve.

thirdcrank

Re: Found: Rear view bike camera

Postby thirdcrank » 4 Feb 2018, 10:39am

barod62 wrote: ... I'm sorry for picking it up, I only thought it was a rear light. If I'd realised its value I'd have left it for the owner or someone else to retrieve.

Or run it over. IMO no need to apologise for looking after it.
Welcome to the forum.
=====================================
:idea: PS If you are able to read the memory card on your computer, you may get some clues about where the owner lives eg a view of their house as they ride away.

barod62

Postby barod62 » 4 Feb 2018, 1:58pm

No worries about it getting run over, it had bounced onto the verge 😊
I've had a quick look at the footage on the card, but there are a few hours to go through, with not that many clues (one bit of road looks much like another, especially in the dark!) However, I do intend to trawl it again to see if it gives me any ideas other than knowing the date and time when the cam parted company with its host bike. I've also tried checking Strava segments in the area but no joy there either.
I would love to get this back to its owner, but it's like the proverbial needle in a haystack :(

RickH

Postby RickH » 5 Feb 2018, 6:59pm

I've posted a link to this post on the Chester & North Wales CTC Facebook Group to spread the word.

barod62

Postby barod62 » 9 Feb 2018, 8:22pm

I'm delighted to report that I've been able to identify the owner's place of work from the footage on the card, and it's going to be winging its way back to him shortly. Really pleased to have been able to find them - random acts of kindness make the world a better place :D

thirdcrank

Postby thirdcrank » 9 Feb 2018, 8:49pm

Good to hear :D

whizzzz

Postby whizzzz » 10 Feb 2018, 7:34pm

barod62 wrote:... it's going to be winging its way back to him shortly.

Nice one !! Thats some great sleuthing! Sure the owner will over the moon to get it back.