Stolen Recumbent please look out

chrisrust

Stolen Recumbent please look out

Post by chrisrust »

Hi, My HP Velotechnic Grasshopper was stolen today in Sheffield City Centre but it could appear for sale anywhere I guess. Any sightings very gratefully received.

It's a very distinctive bike (I know, they all are but this one is a little bit more)

It's non-standard bright yellow with no branding as it was repainted by the dealer (thanks Ben at Kinetics). The only label is a small copper 'Kinetics Glasgow' badge on the top tube.

It has Rohloff gears, underseat steering and a single prop stand attached to the chainstay quite far back, not the normal prop stand mounting point (but the stand on the old photo is using that attachment). It has the normal HP Velotechnic cantilever luggage rack and an adjustable hard seat.

It has some yellow reflective/fluorescent tape on the seat back, rear mudguard and on the strapless toeclips

Sorry the pics are partly obscured by luggage, I seem to only photograph it on tour.
As you can imagine I'm absolutely gutted and it was own stupid fault. I'm thinking it may have been amateurs since I can't imagine a professional bike thief having a market for one, but most amateurs would fall off if they tried to ride it. Oh well.

Grasshopper2.jpg

Grasshopper.jpg
Cyril Haearn

Re: Stolen Recumbent please look out

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I would go to the place now and comb the nearby area, get help if possible, quite likely someone took it, could not ride it, wheeled it a bit, abandoned it (threw it in the canal?)
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
chrisrust

Post by chrisrust »

Thanks, yes we did a quick walk round the immediate area and I'll get on another bike and have a ride round today.
gaz

Post by gaz »

chrisrust wrote:... it was own stupid fault.

No, the only blame lies with whoever took it.
nigelnightmare

Post by nigelnightmare »

Any news?