pink dave yates stolen -please look out

agilhespy

pink dave yates stolen -please look out

Post by agilhespy »

lost in Leicestershire

Small, Dave Yates, custom-built, light touring bike. Frame number 8601.
Distinctive candy pink colour frame with pale blue outlines on the lugs (frame joints)
And “D Y” engraved on the forks and seat stays. Frame is mostly Reynolds 531 steel tubing.
The frame has probably been post code stamped “E5 0AY” on the bottom bracket.
Frame size about 50cm.

Campag triple chain ring groupset (Athena and Chorus).
Hand built wheels.
Black, distinctive “ISM” saddle with two-pronged nose.

There is a reward of £1000. No questions asked.
So, if you see someone with it then stop them and have £500 each.
Three people will be very happy.

anne
Attachments
Image034 (3).jpg
9494arnold

Re: pink dave yates stolen -please look out

Post by 9494arnold »

Can't help with the Theft however, your Ad is committing a Criminal Offence, Contrary to Section 23 Theft Act 1968 . (And the CTC are technically too) advertising for return 'no questions asked'
I know it's bizarre but there you go.
Retired Police officer here ( I will not be making any formal report, I share your pain on the loss of what sounds like a carefully considered machine .
Darkman

Post by Darkman »

Can't help with the Theft however, your Ad is committing a Criminal Offence, Contrary to Section 23 Theft Act 1968 . (And the CTC are technically too) advertising for return 'no questions asked'

Explain? How is "I just want my bike back" a criminal offence?
dim

Post by dim »

9494arnold wrote:Can't help with the Theft however, your Ad is committing a Criminal Offence, Contrary to Section 23 Theft Act 1968 . (And the CTC are technically too) advertising for return 'no questions asked'
I know it's bizarre but there you go.
Retired Police officer here ( I will not be making any formal report, I share your pain on the loss of what sounds like a carefully considered machine .

the Police here in Cambridge don't do anything when a bike is stolen ... they don't even look at CCTV footage and say that they are understaffed

yet, slap a policeman and 50 police cars arrive within minutes with the fire brigade and swat team

a good way to recover your stolen bike is to advertise a reward on sites such as facebook

there's also this site that scans all of gumtree and all of ebay and other classified sites:

http://findthatbike.co.uk/
9494arnold

Post by 9494arnold »

It's the " no questions asked" element with the reward.
It's a Criminal Offence. Mad I know but there you go. Please don't shoot the messenger ,I l summary execution is a suitable reward for stealing bikes .
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Darkman wrote:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/196 ... stolen-etc
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
lescargo

Post by lescargo »

Bike thieves?
Same as stealing a cowboy's horse!
A lynching job!!
disherwood

Post by disherwood »

Vorpal wrote:
Darkman wrote:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/196 ... stolen-etc

I think you should leave the police experience behind....... That was yesteryear.... Don't think your comment is necessary or helpful and given the pressure the police are under they wouldn't be interested in your comment either
greyingbeard

Post by greyingbeard »

Id make the grand conditional, dont give it to the tea leaf, unless you fancy his mates coming around to take their turn