From Lincolnshire Police

pete75

From Lincolnshire Police

Post by pete75 »

Stolen cycles (High values). Overnight from 21st into 22nd Sep, 5 cycles with total value in excess of £6000 were stolen from an address in Grantham (Harrowby Lane / Belton Lane area).
Overnight from 22nd into 23rd Sep, 6 cycles with total value over £11,000 were stolen from a village location in proximity of Ropsley.
A suspicious white van (unconfirmed if Transit) had been seen prior to the second theft.
If you are the owner or user of a high end road / MTB please check on the security used, if the bike(s) is insured what is the excess on the policy, consider spending similar value on substantial chain and padlock and use a 'ground anchor' to secure it to. Motor bike locks should be considered for home use as they are often more substantial than cycle locks.
Weight is a consideration when out on a cycle but not so for at home security. I know of some who's chain weighs more than the bike it secures.
If using Strava or similar route recording tools ensure that home address isn't disclosed, to prevent thieves identifying likely locations to target.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker