STOLEN- Steel Dolan Touring bike- Newham London

jakem957

STOLEN- Steel Dolan Touring bike- Newham London

Post by jakem957 »

Got mugged by 5 guys on the greenway in Newham. I got away with laptop and phone but lost my trusty Steel touring/audax bike by Dolan.

It is black with white decals, 54cm in Dedacciai 12.5 steel with horizontal toptube, full 105 (the one with yellow writing) inc hollowtech triple chainset, 9 speed sti but with plain polished shimano long drop brake caliper on the front and a pair of black Ambrosio 700c wheels. It is well ridden and has deep scratches on headtube from previous theft attempt, the Ritchey seatpost is stuck in frame and hoods on stis are worn through. Also selle Italia C2 gel saddel, cinelli drops, Dedacciai logo stem, and ITM spyder forks covered in black tape.

It has served me well and has toured all over europe so would be really greatful if anyone spots it. I have never seen another one of these lightweight tourers from Dolan around so don't think there are too many in circulation.

many thanks for looking!
alicej

Re: STOLEN- Steel Dolan Touring bike- Newham London

Post by alicej »

Oh no, I used to live in Newham and loved the Greenway! Hope you recover OK - were you hurt?
jakem957

Re: STOLEN- Steel Dolan Touring bike- Newham London

Post by jakem957 »

Thanks Alicej. Am ok but did get punched in the face a couple of times which was a bit of a shock. Fully recovered now though and police have seemed keen to help but chances are slim as couldnt ID any of them- it was dark and they were all in hoods. I do love the greenway and have been going along there on and off for nearly 10 years now- its certainly a sublime experience at night but with the Olympics and more people cycling now felt safer but guess not. It is annoying as have to circumnavigate on busy roads now to get home from work.