Two bikes taken in Warwick

SilverBadge

Two bikes taken in Warwick

Post by SilverBadge »

From a colleague:

To All the Good folks of the bike shops and clubs around Warwickshire,

Unfortunately on Tuesday 22nd February @ ~1pm I had my two bikes stolen from my garage - lock on the door broken and whilst they couldn't break the bike lock they did break the shelving to which the bracket that the bikes were locked around.

The bikes in question are not exactly common so if someone does come into your shop / approaches a club member trying to sell them or asking of the best place to do so, we may find them yet - yes I'm an optimist!

The bikes in question are:
A 2009 model Trek District (single speed hybrid with a carbon belt drive instead of a chain) in the original vintage grey and orange paint scheme. It still has the orange wheels as well. The stem had been flipped to lower the handlbars and the bolts which clamp the stem to the forks post had been changed to shiny chromed ones (instead of painted orange) but they are slightly longer than they need be so looks a little 'scruffy'
Fitted with a Brooks saddle (with copper rivets) in tan leather with matching Brooks saddle bag – the rectangular one. Standard pedals fitted with tan leather covered toe clips. Unfortunately I do not have the frame number.
Had an Abus lock wrapped around the seat post/frame
Had a cheapo, Bikehut, cycle computer fitted with front wheel speed sensor

Second bike is:
Frame - Pro-lite Cuneo 21"(? - Pro-lite measure in a funny way!) Again I do not have the frame number.
Wheels - Pro-lite Como – 30mm deep wall wheels have aero spokes and quick release levers , Vredestein(?) 700C tyres
Saddle is now an ISM Adamo in black vinyl - this has a large cut-out for the perenial bone area and a basic type of hook in-built at the back of the saddle so it can hooked over a bike rack for triathlons. Seat post is Pro-lite.
Groupset is Campagnolo Mirage 10 Speed .
Handlebars and forks are Pro-lite carbon fibre. Stem is also Pro-lite .
Pedals – Look Keo (classics?) showing wear.
Was fitted with a Boardman cycle computer with front wheel speed sensor and pedal rpm sensor

If you do see/hear anything then you help would be greatly appreciated.
The crime number is S/11/2221
My contact details:
Andy Simpson
07980 608 903 or 01926 408087

The vehicle used by the thieves was a Ford Transit pick-up NA53 LCJ
Thank you for your time
Andy