3 Bikes Stolen in Bradford, Eccleshill Area

MartinGT

3 Bikes Stolen in Bradford, Eccleshill Area

Post by MartinGT »

Guys

This post is on belhalf of a friend who has had three bikes stolen from his Garage. The bikes were stolen from the Eccleshill area of Bradford on 23:00 Tuesday 20th of December and 07:30am Weds 21st of December.

Bikes:

Ridley EOS Winter Road Bike - Frame XL With Black Mudguards

Giant SCR 3.0 road bike, size XL, in black with black mudguards and distinqtive rear tapering Torteq bike rack.

Scott Reflex 20 mountain bike/touring bike, size 23.5", with solid forks and rear rack.

If anyone has any information regarding these bikes, or sees anyone in West Yorkshire, especially the North part of Leeds / Bradford area on these bikes that isnt 6'7" then please can you drop me a PM?
MartinGT

Re: 3 Bikes Stolen in Bradford, Eccleshill Area

Post by MartinGT »

Well, these bikes are being sold one at a time with other assumed stolen bikes & fishing gear on eBay.

The police cannot get the information off eBay and are now dropping it.

Who says crime doesnt pay?
Nettled Shin

Post by Nettled Shin »

a) Would you post links... I can't see them.
b) Surely, one easy way to get the seller's details would be to bid on an item and win?
c) I'm sure I've read an anecdote (maybe on here?) of a chap driving some way with a few mates to collect his stuff from a bad ebayer.
d) Would the police not do something if your mate irritates them sufficiently?
e) I though there was an ebay procedure for one user to obtain another user's contact details, provided you have a good reason for needing them.
MartinGT

Post by MartinGT »

a) They have been pulled
b) Yes, however when you get the details, the seller gets your details.
c) The seller wouldnt meet, he would only insist on sending the bikes by a courier
d) He has spoken to them daily and the Police are as frustrated with their own depts and eBay
e) The Police are going through this, however it takes a minimum of 4 weeks.