Stolen Bikes

martinQS

Stolen Bikes

Postby martinQS » 24 Apr 2012, 10:23am

Hi i`m new to this forum but a keen cyclist for many years into every bike their is except bmx`s i have just had two new bikes stolen from my house in derbyshire one a circa helios tandem and a raliegh royal .the tandem is unsal having "20 wheels low frame and are made to order and come in black only so if anyone has offererd you one in a different colour i would suspect it and they are not cheap ,i used these bikes to go on jobs with as a self employed tradesman and have made it difficult to go on jobs now until i raplace them along with these bikes went over £1600 worth of tools for my work.If i ever find them i will brake their MMMMM legs i will not swear on your fourm but you all will proberbly understand my anger please keep your ears to the grond guys many thanks ,Martin

martinQS

Re: Stolen Bikes

Postby martinQS » 24 Apr 2012, 10:48am

martinQS wrote:Hi i`m new to this forum but a keen cyclist for many years into every bike their is except bmx`s i have just had two new bikes stolen from my house in derbyshire one a circa helios tandem and a raliegh royal .the tandem is unsal having "20 wheels low frame and are made to order and come in black only so if anyone has offererd you one in a different colour i would suspect it and they are not cheap ,i used these bikes to go on jobs with as a self employed tradesman and have made it difficult to go on jobs now until i raplace them along with these bikes went over £1600 worth of tools for my work.If i ever find them i will brake their MMMMM legs i will not swear on your fourm but you all will proberbly understand my anger please keep your ears to the grond guys many thanks ,Martin

My email is m.artman@hotmail.co.uk if you have any news as i check my email all the time for my work ,many thanks

martinQS

Postby martinQS » 24 Apr 2012, 10:49am

martinQS wrote:Hi i`m new to this forum but a keen cyclist for many years into every bike their is except bmx`s i have just had two new bikes stolen from my house in derbyshire one a circa helios tandem and a raliegh royal .the tandem is unsal having "20 wheels low frame and are made to order and come in black only so if anyone has offererd you one in a different colour i would suspect it and they are not cheap ,i used these bikes to go on jobs with as a self employed tradesman and have made it difficult to go on jobs now until i raplace them along with these bikes went over £1600 worth of tools for my work.If i ever find them i will brake their MMMMM legs i will not swear on your fourm but you all will proberbly understand my anger please keep your ears to the ground guys many thanks ,Martin

i am also checking all the sites ie ebay gumtree if you have chance guys could you look as well if you happen to be on there

Edwards

Postby Edwards » 24 Apr 2012, 1:18pm

Welcome to the forum it is a pity it was not in better circumstances. Stolen bikes is something that is becoming more common I suppose because they are so easy to sell on, even being broken up for parts.
It used to be cars but as it harder to take them bikes seem to be the next best thing.

I do not look at Gumtree as I am suspecting all the bikes as nicked. Pity for the genuine sellers.
Hope you do find the bikes and tools though.

I keep reading that the thieves sometimes come back a few weeks later after an insurance claim has been made. This really does make my skin crawl.
Keith Edwards
I do not care about spelling and grammar

martinQS

Postby martinQS » 24 Apr 2012, 10:02pm

Thanks for your comments and your welcome to the forum ,as i said the tandem would have to be for parts as if it is sole on any place it will ring alarm bells as for them returning would be very bad for their heath if i catch them :wink: A friend has just lent me his fuji straight handel bar road bike mmm nice and quick to go on my jobs this week but i should be picking up a replacement bike over the weekend a long based recumbent :D

CycleFerryGeek

Postby CycleFerryGeek » 25 Apr 2012, 3:21pm

I imagine you did it already but keep an eye on ebay afterwards or gum tree or any other service where they might try to sell your bikes.
Ferry Cycle Geek. Works in the ferry business. Feel free to ask any ferry questions!