Ammanford - KTM Chicago MTB Stolen

johnsouthwales

Re: Ammanford - KTM Chicago MTB Stolen

Post by johnsouthwales »

incident number? yeah i got the crime reference number. ' doubt if the journal be interested in something like that, after all crime figures get tampered with over the years. wouldn't want to create a scandal now, would we?

talking of the newspaper, still no sign of the police releasing the photo of the bike thief...bless them
meic

Post by meic »

Well, I am beginning to wonder if this crime has already been solved, just like they say.

May be that some local thug has admitted to it in his list of TICs and so there is no point in continuing with the CCTV tapes and they just have not told you yet.
Yma o Hyd
johnsouthwales

Post by johnsouthwales »

doubt that as they would have informed me.
if that is the case they haven't informed, there's a screw loose with the police...it would not suprise me at all if they haven't informed somebody wherever they are in the uk
johnsouthwales

Post by johnsouthwales »

this town is a joke
johnsouthwales

Post by johnsouthwales »

Last edited by johnsouthwales on 13 Jan 2013, 9:54pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnsouthwales

Post by johnsouthwales »

worth a try, you never know

http://youtu.be/EyTV1eXgJyc
Goinridin

Post by Goinridin »

I hope you get it back. No sign of mine yet..................
johnsouthwales

Post by johnsouthwales »

i wouldn't have imagined in my worst dreams how much trouble is caused by a theft. different people react in different ways, some forget about it and carry on as normal and use the insurance to pay out. trouble with insurance is a bike theif gets a free bike.

some people do what they can, some report it to the police., most don't bother and we all know the reasons why.
some have the thief captured on cctv, many don't have the luxury of that..

what i find is that the southwales guardian and carmarthen journal couldn't even be bothered to print it after i emailed them. this is what i don't get, why did the police delay the release of the cctv. there was a quad bike theft a few days after at an isolated farm at night a couple of miles away, no cctv and they took up that story.. have a thief on cctv in broad daylight and they do nowt.

could swear they don't want to catch this bike thief, and the only way to find out if he has done anything else is by catching him, and by no doubt even if he has, he would have got shot of
johnsouthwales

Post by johnsouthwales »

i've enhanced the photo the police sent out, not that it makes much of a difference, but does make me think what the hell is going on. no wonder some people were saying the original was unrecognisable etc

Erudin

Post by Erudin »

Hope you manage to recover/replace your bike soon, linked below is an article and video showing how effective the UK police force are at combating bicycle theft:

http://www.londoncyclist.co.uk/if-your-bike-gets-stolen-dont-expect-the-police-to-help/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bike-stolen-police-help
johnsouthwales

Post by johnsouthwales »

johnsouthwales wrote:oh, i spoke with an officer, he says there are loads of bike thefts in ammanford. me and a mate were looking at each other in amazement when he said it.
i thought really? first i heard of it it.. the officer says there's a shedful of bikes at the back of the station. i asked him have they been accumulated over a year and he said no.

i thought this was a bit too good to be true, it turns out that their shedful is around half a dozen, picked it from abandoned places etc.

what purpose was it to give that in the first place? i'm not being funny but i wouldn't believe what the police say now, not even with a pinch of salt. it only takes one officer....
johnsouthwales

Post by johnsouthwales »

hi erudin, thanks for that. i saw that video when it came out. the police said to the guy his tracker is inaccurate, then the police left leaving the bikeowner to go and knock on the suspects door. there's no bike here..it is here, the trcker is saying it is....give me the bloody bike... bike appears
johnsouthwales

Post by johnsouthwales »

the southwales guardian had actually and eventually printed the suspects photo.. and guess what, they managed to balls up the picture. we had one shot only to get it right and one go only. the problem they did was to cut the photo in half and enlarge it, making it blurred... unbelievable

now we will never know if he is local or not, it would be nothing short of a miracle if anybody ever will recognise that pic they printed. they should have stuck with the original picture.. oh, they did in their website that hardly anyone looks at.. so much or the 14,000 readership they claim. after that huge muck up i be shocked if one out of 14,000 would be able to work it out, never mind recognise. i thought there'd maybe a 70% chance with the original, with the one they printed it be lucky to get 1% chance
johnsouthwales

Post by johnsouthwales »

update: some news arrived, i can’t say too much but someone, somewhere has recognised the suspect photo after i posted it up in a lot of sites, police have interviewed a male, bailed for a few weeks. i don’t know which site – or where

Now it has to be concentrated where the bike is and who is storing it, which is going to be a bugga, as if it’s been hidden for all this time by someone else, some people may not even know it’s there. Search your sheds…because it looks like maybe he will get away with it as it’s down to the cps now whether to proceed even when the cctv evidence is overwhelming. Probably if someone is hiding it, they are in more trouble than the person who took it. and if someone does buy it and gets caught, they could get in trouble as well plus they’d lose their money.
Frustrating thing is I’m not allowed to know the general locality of the person, i’m not even allowed to know if the person is in wales or England or anywhere, which would have been nice to know which county so can concentrate more there rather than faffing about spending hours posting in other sites (shakes head)
johnsouthwales

Post by johnsouthwales »

phone call from police saying cps won't prosecute