Bikes stolen from locked garage in Wimbledon on Wed 5th Jun

petenats

Bikes stolen from locked garage in Wimbledon on Wed 5th Jun

Post by petenats »

Hi All,

I am trying to spread the word amongst as many cyclists as possbile in the hope that with as many eyes as possible out there looking, there is a small chance I may get my stolen bikes back! They were taken from my locked garage in broad daylight at 1030 on 5th June.

Both the bikes are very specific and so I suspect that if an attempt is made to sell them or parts of them it will be to cyclists who know what they are looking at if the theives expect to get a good price. As such I'm trying to spread to word to as many fellow cyclists as possible in the hope someone may recognise the bikes.

The thieves were very specific and knew what they were after. They drove a van up up my garage to cover them being seen, bolt cropped a hardened boron carbide padlock and bent the garage door over a concreted in door defender. They stole a Cervelo R3, a Specialized Ruby Elite a set of Mavic Kysrium SR wheels and my tools.

The first bike Cervelo R3 Team 51 frame - black/red and white
Shimano Ultegra 6700 groupset - compact front, 12-28 rear
Gold KMC chain
Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheel (2005) with Conti GP4000 25mm tyres - my Mavic Ksyrium SR's were stolen off the wall again with 25mm Conti GP4000's
3T ergnova bars, stem and doric straight seatpost
Fizik Aliante versus seat
Duraace pedals
Garmin sensor on the left chainstay
There is clear 3M tape on all rub points and under the fork and set stay bridge.

My wife's bike is a Specialized Ruby Elite (51 frame) very specific limited edition Komen Pink colours carbon fibre matt lacquer with pink flashes only made in 2010.
Shimano 105
R500 wheels the rear tyre is a bright blue Tacx turbo tyre!
Selle Italia gel seat
steep riser stem

I have posted details on Cycle chat and BikeRadar with some photos too.

If you could please keep your eyes out for anything matching this description and if you see or get offerred anything like it please contact me or the Met police.

My street has now had two garages broken into and quality bikes targeted, lets hope it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Thanks and safe riding.

Peter Nataraj
petenats@mac.com
Attachments
IMG_1020.JPG
IMG_0356copy.jpg