Lost my Garmin on the Dunwich Dynamo

mreadman

Lost my Garmin on the Dunwich Dynamo

Post by mreadman »

I realise that this is a ludicrously long long shot, but if anyone found a Garmin Edge 705 somewhere after Sible Hedingham I'd love to be reunited with it. I think I must've knocked it off during an ill-advised sprint up a hill, and didn't realise until many, many miles later...
DomJ

Re: Lost my Garmin on the Dunwich Dynamo

Post by DomJ »

Hello and a good morning,

There is a chance you've already resolved this issue, however if not this may be a good news day. I did indeed find a Garmin Edge 705, somewhere between Sudbury and Needham market. I had hoped to find somebody looking for it on the beach but it wasn't to be.

So the next thing was to go via Garmin and find out if it had been registered, indeed it has , however the useful folk at Garmin wouldn't pass me your details or indeed send you mine (company policy). Instead they advised that I'd need to take the tedious route of taking it to my local police station, they would then e mail your registered address and let you know that it was there. The people at the police station also though this a tad ridiculous.

As it stands I've had nothing to say its been picked up, so am assuming its still sitting at the police station awaiting collection.

Chance thing really, we were talking about the Dynamo yesterday and a friend mentioned a lost and found section of the site, I googled it and up came this posting. Hopefully you've already been reunited with your Garmin, if not do please get in touch. Cheers Dom.
mreadman

Re: Lost my Garmin on the Dunwich Dynamo

Post by mreadman »

Hi Dom

Thanks for taking the trouble to let me know - I'm happy to say that I've been reunited with my 705 (I had the serial number so I'm sure it's mine!) thanks to another honourable cyclist on the Dunwich Facebook group.

I haven't come across anyone else online who's still missing one (I posted in various forums after the event) so I think you've done all that you can do.

Appreciate the message though, - thanks again,

Mark