The proposals, benefits, drawbacks etc.

A place to discuss the issues relating to the proposed change in the national CTC’s structure.
bertgrower

Re: The proposals, benefits, drawbacks etc.

Post by bertgrower »

thirdcrank wrote:
bertgrower wrote: ... How do you measure benefits? ...

I was tempted to ask you that when you resurrected the thread and then I decided against. Now you have posed the supplementary question, I'd be interested to hear your own measures.

IMHO

It must be membership numbers , it indicates that we are relevent to todays cyclists. Numbers of members increase our ability to be inderpendent from HMG which given the recent incident at Old St may be need for the responable cycling community to campaign against any over reaction that could prompt laws that are over the top.
JohnW

Re: The proposals, benefits, drawbacks etc.

Post by JohnW »

bertgrower wrote:................need for the responable cycling community to campaign against any over reaction that could prompt laws that are over the top.

I think that's right - there is desperate need for campaigning, irrespective of the example quoted, and if there is going to be any benefit, then it must be campaigning.................in increasing quantity and success - particularly success.