Save the CTC Web Site

A place to discuss the issues relating to the proposed change in the national CTC’s structure.
patricktaylor

Re: Save the CTC Web Site

Post by patricktaylor »

Regulator wrote:
patricktaylor wrote:The website looks fine. It's just a pity the IP address is planted in front of the domain name.

Hi Patrick

That will be changing as we change the domain name servers. This will happen over the next day or so.

Understood, thanks. On another website I've linked to the savethectc domain itself, so I'll leave things be.
Regulator

Post by Regulator »

patricktaylor wrote:
Regulator wrote:
patricktaylor wrote:The website looks fine. It's just a pity the IP address is planted in front of the domain name.

Hi Patrick

That will be changing as we change the domain name servers. This will happen over the next day or so.

Understood, thanks. On another website I've linked to the savethectc domain itself, so I'll leave things be.

That should work fine. If you type "www.savethectc.org.uk" into the address bar it gets there.
gaz

Post by gaz »

Regulator wrote:Thanks for the feedback. I've updated the registration page to make things clearer.

Much clearer, now I've clicked the "Register" button . Ta. :)

However first of all I clicked on the "create an account" link from the homepage which bypasses the registration info. :(
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Regulator

Post by Regulator »

gaz wrote:
Regulator wrote:Thanks for the feedback. I've updated the registration page to make things clearer.

Much clearer, now I've clicked the "Register" button . Ta. :)

However first of all I clicked on the "create an account" link from the homepage which bypasses the registration info. :(

Aha! Another things to fettle :D
gaz

Post by gaz »

SavetheCTC web site seems to be down again. :|
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
meic

Post by meic »

Is that because the CTC is now saved?
Yma o Hyd
glueman

Post by glueman »

meic wrote:Is that because the CTC is now saved?

If it is it's too late for me. We've cancelled our subscriptions, though 30 years was a good run. If an old style CTC club emerges from the ashes of the charity in waiting they'll certainly get our family's contribution, though I'm squeamish about using this site to air views as a on-member so thanks for the memories!
Ellieb

Post by Ellieb »

That's a shame.. I have always enjoyed reading your views even though I haven't agreed with them. Keep cycling slowly :wink:
Regulator

Post by Regulator »

gaz wrote:SavetheCTC web site seems to be down again. :|

It'll be up again soon. A technical issue I understand.
toontra

Post by toontra »

Ellieb wrote:That's a shame.. I have always enjoyed reading your views even though I haven't agreed with them. Keep cycling slowly :wink:

You don't have to be a member of CTC to post here, so I hope we can look forward to more posts from glueman - and other ex-members for that matter.
patricktaylor

Post by patricktaylor »

toontra wrote:... You don't have to be a member of CTC to post here, so I hope we can look forward to more posts from glueman - and other ex-members for that matter.

Me too. I'm sure the CTC would not want to restrict contributions to paid-up members only. I've rarely seen a web forum where you pay to join. The only one I remember was a bonsai forum with very few contributors, and people discussing whether it was worth the fee.
toontra

Post by toontra »

patricktaylor wrote:I've rarely seen a web forum where you pay to join. The only one I remember was a bonsai forum with very few contributors, and people discussing whether it was worth the fee.

Sounds fun - got a link? :wink: