Vote at discretion of proxy

A place to discuss the issues relating to the proposed change in the national CTC’s structure.
Jonty

Re: Vote at discretion of proxy

Post by Jonty »

Benethi
You must have a pretty low opinion of the membership if you think that they will simply go through the motions and leave their vote to the discretion of the proxy so that they can be in the raffle to win a Garmin.
jonty
PW

Post by PW »

As Karen Sutton so kindly offers to act as a proxy for the "No" vote - thanks Karen, I'll be placing the lady's name on my paper. It'll be posted tomorrow, 19th April, thanks very much.
If at first you don't succeed - cheat!!
Karen Sutton

Post by Karen Sutton »

PW wrote:As Karen Sutton so kindly offers to act as a proxy for the "No" vote - thanks Karen, I'll be placing the lady's name on my paper. It'll be posted tomorrow, 19th April, thanks very much.

I would of course Vote Yes to Motion One if a member naming me as proxy wished me to do so. So anyone can name me as proxy, whether voting Yes or No to Motion One. I will be obliged to place their votes as directed if they state their preferences. If they leave it to me to decide I will vote No to Motion One on their behalf.
Benethi

Post by Benethi »

Jonty wrote:Benethi
You must have a pretty low opinion of the membership if you think that they will simply go through the motions and leave their vote to the discretion of the proxy so that they can be in the raffle to win a Garmin.
jonty

The membership is made up of many different people, who are members for different reasons. Undoubtedly there are many who have little interest in the running of the club, whose prime interest is in the benefits that they receive, such as insurance, a magazine to read, and the possibility of winning nice kit. Many members will have busy lives outside of CTC and not want to spend time getting involved in club politics. I certainly don't have a low opinion of these people - they are cyclists! For the most part I could even include myself in that category. It's the way that the system is using these people that I think is wrong.
"Frankly, I’m suspicious of anyone who has a strong opinion on a complicated issue" - Scott Adams
Photos:
Scott's Travels 2010
Sparky's Travels 2012
Sparky's Travels 2013
:)