AGM Date: Saturday 14th May 2011

A place to discuss the issues relating to the proposed change in the national CTC’s structure.
admin
Site Admin

AGM Date: Saturday 14th May 2011

Post by admin »

The printed AGM supplement has the wrong date (presumably copied from last year) of 15th May 2010 for the announcement of the AGM.

The correct date: Saturday, 14th May 2011, appears on the voting form and on the back of the supplement.

You can also see a correct version of the printed supplement here: http://www.ctc.org.uk/resources/About_U ... lement.pdf

Just in case others were as confused as I was! ;)
Regulator

Re: AGM Date: Saturday 14th May 2011

Post by Regulator »

admin wrote:...

The correct date: Saturday, 14th May 2011, appears on the voting form and on the back of the supplement.

That would be on the back of the voting form that we have to return to ERS a year ago... :roll:
Clarion

Post by Clarion »

Thanks, admin, that's helpful.

Please can we have an explanation of how the same mistake was made on not one, but two formal documents. Proofreading is not complicated, but it should be done for anything this important, or it makes the CTC look amateurish. Who is responsible for producing and authorising them? And what systems are to be put in place for preventing it ever happening again?
Fellowship Is Life! Unity Is Strength!
twhincup

Post by twhincup »

Should I have got my voting form by now, if so can someone guide me to where I can get one please
gaz

Post by gaz »

Voting papers were with Cycle, I don't know the arrangements for households not receiving cycle.

Edit.

Arrangements for missing/lost/incorrect papers have now been added by Kevin Mayne.
Last edited by gaz on 7 Apr 2011, 7:04pm, edited 1 time in total.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Kevin Mayne

Post by Kevin Mayne »

Re Errors in documents:

It's got my name on it, I hold my hand up, the buck stops here. I apologise to those who have been confused just as I have apologised to the Council's Agenda Committee on whose behalf the documents were prepared.

Frustrated, annoyed, apologetic - yes all of those, not least because we spent a lot of time on this material and we know the errors were corrected at least once, but amendments got cut and pasted back into older versions. I am advised that the error in the date on the agenda paper itself is over-ruled by the calling notice issued in December which is required by our standing orders and that we are required to decide whether any other errors are likely to be material in affecting people's ability to express their views and reaching a clear result. We may not know that until we see the scale of turnout and margin in May.

Procedures - making sure every document is seperately checked, having staff trained to proofread, yes all of those, and clearly they were not enough, we will have to look at it once again.

Missing documents, queries, comments, suggested additions to FAQs - all please to members.matter@ctc.org.uk which will be checked by myself or Carol McKinley, our new Operations Director, or you can call the main switchboard and they will find us.

Kevin Mayne
JJF

Post by JJF »

I suggest that information about this date correction be posted in a more suitable location on the CTC forum.
I almost never look at the Charity Debate thread so it is quite by accident that I came across it.

The AGM date is of interest to all potential AGM attendees, not just those interested in the Charity Debate part of it.
gaz

Post by gaz »

It has been posted on the main site, here.

Interestingly the contact e-mail for incorrect voting forms etc is different, although the contact is the same. Proxy voting.

Proxy forms are personalised and will be declared invalid if they are amended in any way, so if there is a mistake with your Proxy Form, or you make a mistake filling it in and require a replacement, contact the CTC Operations Director, Carol McKinley, at CTC National Office (carol.mckinley@ctc.org.uk, 01483 238 304) for a new form.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade