Need advice re poxy voting form

A place to discuss the issues relating to the proposed change in the national CTC’s structure.
Grandad

Need advice re poxy voting form

Post by Grandad »

I want to use my proxy vote to oppose Motiom 1 and do not know anyone who will be attending the meeting. The notes accompanying the proxy form suggest appointing the chairman, but I understand that last year the chairman used the proxy votes in favour of the motion.

If I appoint the chairman is it possible to ensure that my vote is given against the motion? If not - or probably better still - would someone who will be attending and shares my view pm me so I can appoint them.
Si

Re: Need advice re poxy voting form

Post by Si »

If I appoint the chairman is it possible to ensure that my vote is given against the motion?

Yes - you can either direct a proxy (including the chair) to vote the way you want them to, or to vote at their discretion. You need to do the former - just tick the correct box on the form.

Although there were some complaints about how the chair used his discretionary votes last year, I don't think that anyone would suggest that the chair ever changed votes where he'd been instructed to vote in a particular way.
David Cox

Re: Need advice re poxy voting form

Post by David Cox »

"Grandad" (congratulations on that status by the way) you can be assured that Si is right. If you instruct the Chair to vote against a motion then that is how your proxy vote will be cast. Its a duty and a service that I will perform gladly. David