Thorn Audax 550

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
honesty

Thorn Audax 550

Postby honesty » 10 Apr 2018, 12:31pm

This bike is becoming surplus to requirements, and I want to get some cash in to get a lighter less touring leaning bike (I'm moving to using my Galaxy for all touring now). I am looking for £1200 for this as there are many premium parts on it. I'm no mechanic so cant guarantee the bike is mechanically sound, you buy it as is, saying that it still works when I cycle it and I do regular maintenance on the brakes, chainset, etc.! I've also just put a new rear wheel, tyre, and brake blocks on the bike as well.

Parts:
Frame - Thorn Audax Mk3 size 550, in blue.
Forks - Thorn 853c (a £270 upgrade over the standard forks).
9 speed XT trekking chainset with a ceramic Hope bottom bracket (which is blue).
9 speed XT SGS rear derailleur, and a 9 speed Tiagra front derailleur.
Shifters are 9 speed Tiagra ones, and there's also interrupter brakes across the tops as well.
Black Brooks B17 saddle.
Rear wheel is new (I've done about 50 miles on it) 36 spoke LX hub with a Mavic A719 rim, and a brand new Schwalbe Durano DD 28mm tyre.
Front wheel is a DT Swiss 32 spoke RR 465 rim on a SON DELUX anodized silver dynamo.
Connected to the dynamo is a SON EDELUX2 front light and a rear EDELUX2 rack mounted back light.
Theres a Tubus Vega rack on the back the light is mounted to.
Finally the brakes are Shimano R650 standard (long?) reach ones, with brand new brake blocks on them.

I'll add photos tonight if anyone is interested.

honesty

Re: Thorn Audax 550

Postby honesty » 16 Apr 2018, 11:46am

Bump