Orbea Gain Ultegra e-bike medium Reduced

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
neilob

Orbea Gain Ultegra e-bike medium Reduced

Postby neilob » 5 Dec 2018, 6:44pm

I bought this just six weeks ago to help me keep cycling through cancer treatment but it isn’t really working. My fault, not the bike! It is an amazing machine and very subtle in its design and appearance, it is difficult to tell that it has a battery and motor! You can set it up using a Bluetooth smartphone and define the level of assistance each setting provides. Most reviews have seen it as the future of e bikes, offering power assistance for ‘real’ cyclists wanting a bit of help rather than a great big kick up the axxe. Very low weight for an e bike....around 13kg. Size is M, I am 6ft and it fits well with loads of adjustments in either direction. Probably best to google it rather than let me bang on about its features and technology. Here is a link to a similar bike:
https://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/Orbea-Gain-D20-Alloy-2019
It has an 11 speed Ultegra groupset with hydraulic disc brakes. I will post better pictures tomorrow but it comes as shown albeit with the original saddle and seatpost, no pedals, and mudguards removed unless a buyer wants them. The bottle cage tool case is not included, please note it is not the battery! Please ask any questions. Typical price for these is £2999.....Xmas bargain at £1950.
Image Attachments
664BEBF3-EB0A-4C70-BF00-E35E7BF36DBE.jpeg
Last edited by neilob on 7 Dec 2018, 9:11pm, edited 1 time in total.
Using a car to take an adult on a three mile journey is the same as using an atomic bomb to kill a canary.

unnamed

Re: Orbea Gain Ultegra e-bike medium

Postby unnamed » 6 Dec 2018, 11:43pm

Get well and good luck with your sale!!!!

neilob

Re: Orbea Gain Ultegra e-bike medium

Postby neilob » 7 Dec 2018, 9:10pm

Thanks! All going ok right now. This bike is aimed at 'real' cyclists who need a little help to keep up with friends rather than a big push. The design philosophy is called 'Enough Power', and ensures that (as they say) the bike doesn't take over. So it still rides like a normal bike and looks like one too. My problem is that my haemoglobin varies on a monthly cycle of treatment from low to really low, and when it is really low I need more than the system routinely delivers. Anyone welcome to view and test ride. It is very impressive and could transform your enjoyment of cycling. Price reduced to £1950.
Using a car to take an adult on a three mile journey is the same as using an atomic bomb to kill a canary.