Key features include:
- All steel frame, with oversize steel front fork for disc brake, and integral welded stainless steel rear rack
- Rohloff 14 speed hub gearing, with eccentric bottom bracket to eliminate chain tensioner
- Shimano XT front and rear hydraulic disc brakes
- Syntace adjustable VRO stem handlebars, and Syntace P6 seat post
- Son dynamo and B&M lights
- Well-thought out details including welded bosses for cable runs and kickstand, stainless steel dropouts, handle bar rotation stop, and hidden lighting cables
- Powder coated in Anthracite Metallic colour, and clear top coated throughout (including over decals)
I bought this Silkroad in 2007, when it was one of the first imported into the UK. Since then the Silkroad has had amazing reviews, and exactly the same model been used on several record breaking round-the-world record attempts, and many other documented long distance tours.
I’ve used it for only about 3 years, in the Hebrides, and around the Lake District, where I live. Since then it’s been stored in a warm, dry cellar, and given a short spin every couple of years.
It’s been well maintained, and the paintwork is excellent. There are no visible chips, or significant scuffs, except for some rubbing on the pannier supports (these are stainless, so this isn’t significant). The Rohloff hub hasn’t been serviced since I stopped using it, so it’ll need new oil.
The bike is sold as specified and photographed in my blog post linked below (except there is also a Tubus front pannier rack included, which fits on mounting bosses on the Silkroad’s front forks).
I am located near Windermere in the Lake District. The bike will be sold strictly on a cash on collection basis. I can pick you up at Windermere Station if needed, and we even run a B&B if you need to stay over.
- Lots more photos and detailed specs on my personal blog at https://www.brill.blog/my-touring-bike-is-for-sale
- Silkroad review on BikeRadar: https://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category ... -09-33984/
- Another Silkroad review on Cycling Nomads: http://www.cycling-nomads.com/silk-road/silk-road/
(Current list price for a bike of this spec is around £3700!)