Kona Sutra Series 1 19"

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
Bonefishblues

Kona Sutra Series 1 19"

Postby Bonefishblues » 25 Aug 2020, 4:47pm

For sale is my Kona Sutra, first series. I've had this for perhaps 3 years and just haven't ridden it, almost at all in fact, and certainly not since I changed the chainset for a Spa one, plus UN55 bb the year before last. There are lots of detailed pictures in the link so I won't do a line-by-line, except to make a few points.

Condition is exceptional - I've pictured every flaw I can find (4 chips and some anodising crazing on the levers). Wheels are Mercian Cycles (re?)built. As I say, brand new chainset & bb, also saddle. Pedals may have done as many as 20 miles, perhaps fewer. Note that the B17 is not included, the Spa saddle will be fitted.

This is the first iteration of the Sutra, set up for me at 5ft 10". It's not, I'd say, the same out and out tourer that the Sutra is today, it's much more of an all-rounder, but with the capability to tour as far as you like. It's a really nice, sprightly ride at c30lbs, and quality butted steel tubing throughout.

Test rides very much encouraged, based just outside Bicester, Oxon. I think it's worth £350 for something that wants for nothing, and is of the highest quality.

Pictures here, ask if anything more's needed: https://photos.app.goo.gl/KVxq5opkmt8hG3UE9

Bonefishblues

Re: Kona Sutra Series 1 19"

Postby Bonefishblues » 31 Aug 2020, 8:56am

Happy to discuss price with interested potential buyers.

boink

Postby boink » 5 Sep 2020, 10:39am

PM sent just now.

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 17 Sep 2020, 3:36pm

A bump to say that this is still available.

seabike

Postby seabike » 20 Sep 2020, 10:10pm

I'm very interested in your Kona Sutra, but being based in Lincolnshire, unfortunately I'm unable to collect in person. Would you be willing to ship using the bike delivery service offered by Paisley Freight? I believe they can supply a bike box and all the packaging material if you can't get hold of one from your LBS.

Also could you confirm that the bike can take 700 x 35c tyres with decent mudguard clearance. I think your photos show the Continental tyres fitted are 35c but I can't be sure. Do you think the chainstays are long enough to take a rear rack and my Carradice CaraDura panniers, whilst avoiding heel strike, without the panniers having to be positioned too far behind the rear axle?

Jeromy

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 21 Sep 2020, 7:53am

I'm afraid the bike sold last night.

seabike

Postby seabike » 21 Sep 2020, 10:03pm

Oh well, can't win em all. I reckon the fortunate new owner will be well pleased, and has bagged quite a bargain.

All is not lost though. I've managed to find an Orbit Reynolds 520 tourer in excellent condition for a very reasonable price. So my itch for a decent steel framed mount has been scratched.

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 21 Sep 2020, 10:17pm

seabike wrote:Oh well, can't win em all. I reckon the fortunate new owner will be well pleased, and has bagged quite a bargain.

All is not lost though. I've managed to find an Orbit Reynolds 520 tourer in excellent condition for a very reasonable price. So my itch for a decent steel framed mount has been scratched.

That's kind of you to say so - I do try to keep things well.