Price Drop- Van Nicholas Yukon 56 cm

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
Welsh Pirate

Price Drop- Van Nicholas Yukon 56 cm

Postby Welsh Pirate » 25 Aug 2017, 2:53pm

For Sale – Van Nicholas Yukon 56 cm
I purchased the frame from Fat Birds Don’t Fly (as it was then called) back in 2007. I initially used the bike to commute on when I lived and worked in London. Having left the capital in 2011, I upgraded many of the components to what you see on the bike now. The bike has seen little use in the last five years as (being an old fart, or one of the enlightened few – depending how you look at it) I prefer riding steel bikes, and I just don’t ride this anymore!

The specification is as follows:
• Shimano 105 9 speed triple STI levers
• Shimano 105 Hollowtech II Triple (50-39-30)
• Shimano Ultegra front mech
• Shimano Ultegra rear mech fitted with Hope jockey wheels
• New Shimano chain and cassette (12-27, old cassette shown in photos)
• Hope bottom bracket
• Hope headset
• Ambrosio carbon effect long drop brake callipers
• SKS mudguards

Wheels:
• Rims: Mavic Open Pro CD, 32h front, 36h rear (braking surfaces still with plenty of life left in them)
• Hubs: Hope Pro 3 front and rear
• Spokes: DT Swiss Competition (on rear driveside) and DT Swiss Super Comp everywhere else
• Tyres: Panaracer RiBmo 25c with plenty of life left in them

Other Bits
• Hope quick release skewers and seat pin clamp.
• Handlebars: Deda RHM01, 42 cm width
• Stem: Thompson (90mm)
• Saddle: Specialized Toupe (width 143) with titanium rails
• Seatpin: Selcof Premium Aluminium (Carbon wrapped)
• Included in the sale are a spare set of bearings for the hubs.

The bad bits:
• The front and rear mechs are looking a bit sorry for themselves, mostly with the dreaded worming under the lacquer. I resprayed the front mech some time ago, but it could do with being done again.
• As you will be able to tell from the photos, the rear mech is showing some minor scuff marks from when I slid off at low speed. This has not affected the operation or alignment of the mech or the mech hanger (I checked with an alignment gauge).
• The middle chainring is slightly worn and makes a slight noise when combined with a new chain.
• The brake calipers look a little tatty. However I preferred the feel and modulation of these over the Shimano equivalents, which is why I fitted them.

Images of the bike can be found here:http://imgur.com/a/ktQ9a

Van Nicholas frame sizing and geometry information can be found here:

https://www.vannicholas.com/touring-bikes/yukon

The bike is located in York and is offered for sale on a collection only basis.

If I’ve missed something off the above or if you have any questions, please get in touch and I will do all I can to answer them!

New, this frameset is now £1189.99 from Fatbirds. I was clearly a bit hopeful with my previous price (£1,100). Any interest at £850?

Welsh Pirate

Re: Price Drop- Van Nicholas Yukon 56 cm

Postby Welsh Pirate » 22 Sep 2017, 9:15am

Bump with a price drop!

Return to “For Sale - Complete bikes ONLY - state FRAME SIZE in title”