Hewitt Cheviot SE XL £600

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
mmcnay

Hewitt Cheviot SE XL £600

Postby mmcnay » 18 Jul 2018, 11:22am

Hi,
I have this Hewitt Cheviot SE. Hardly seen any use. All original - 725 frame in flame red. Campagnolia Veloce brifters and XT mechs front and rear. Indexed nicely. Handbuilt XT/Sputnik wheels. Nice saddle Selle Italia. SKS mudguards. Blackburn rack. Cane Creek Headset.

It's an XL size - see this chart for geometry. http://www.hewittcycles.co.uk/hewitt-ch ... e-geometry You want to be a six footer and over to ride it.

The brakes are shimano cantilever. I have put Clarkes pads on it, but you can have the original cartridges.

It's about eight years old. I bought it from the original owner. He'd hardly used it. It was shiny. I rode it round a car park and thought lovely. But it is just a bit too big for me - hurts my shoulders on longer rides. So, I haven't used it much either - and went on to buy another smaller bike. It's been sitting in the garage.

There are a couple of very minor scrapes from leaning against other bikes in the garage. And some paint is flaking around the seat post bolt. Other than that it is like new.

I think £600 is a fair price for the bike. I would prefer a buyer to come and look at it and have a ride. I live in Coltishall which is near Norwich. I can post it though at the buyer's expense. I have a big frame box, so could partially dismantle and put it in that. Obviously, you would have to be competent enough to put it back together.
I am open to sensible offers.
IMG_3266.JPG
IMG_3265.JPG
IMG_3268.JPG
IMG_3269.JPG

chocjohn9

Re: Hewitt Cheviot SE XL £600

Postby chocjohn9 » 19 Jul 2018, 3:55pm

Free bump.

I have this model, even in this size. They are truly wonderful pieces of kit. The frame is 725, stiff in all of the right places, with non rusting bits where the wheels clamp in. The ride is very smooth, the fork flexes perfectly on rough roads, loaded it's stable and it's not too heavy. The wheels on this bike are very tough..... and yet in the second hand market, they struggle to sell for less than half the original price. I just can't fathom out why.

Come on! This is all your dreams and more in one bike.

mmcnay

Postby mmcnay » 20 Jul 2018, 8:11am

It is a lovely bike chocjohn. It would be my forever bike if I was an inch or so taller. Thanks for your additions to my advert!

crux2012

Postby crux2012 » 30 Jul 2018, 8:11am

Hi. Is bike still available?

mmcnay

Postby mmcnay » 30 Jul 2018, 8:58am

It is still available. I have sent you a PM.

mmcnay

Postby mmcnay » 9 Aug 2018, 9:40am

Still available.
You may note the stem is kind of short. I have the 110mm original that came with the bike, so could put that on for the new owner.
Also I'll stick on some pedals.