Unique recumbent tandem trike - adjustable

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
cyclingyoyo

Unique recumbent tandem trike - adjustable

Postby cyclingyoyo » 6 Apr 2019, 10:00pm

Recumbent tandem trike built by Peter Eland. We have owned this since 2009 and for the last few years it has seen very little use, so we feel we should sell it (always difficult to say goodbye to such a unique bike).
I modified the trike a little by installing two brand new seats from ICE. This has made it a lot more comfortable. The drive train is not independent (some people may remember that this trike started life with an independent drive train, but that had gone when I bought it). The turning circle is amazing for such a long tandem trike, and is testament to Peter's insight in ackermann steering. It is very stable at speed going down hill, and just great fun to ride. It has Hope disc brakes, and I have some spare parts for these that I never fitted.
It is probably fair to say that this is a trike for someone who knows a bit about tinkering with bikes, it has a few parts that are not off the shelf. For me, that added to the fun of owning it.
The frame does come apart into three sections, and should fit in a fairly large hatchback, but not sure exactly what size. I built a roof rack for two of the cars I owned, and took the trike to Holland twice on top of my car (see picture).
It is difficult to put a price on a trike like this. As a starting point I'm putting the asking price at £1500.
Image Attachments
trike-2.jpg
trike-1.jpg
Trike-on-cmax.jpg