Bakfiets Long john cargo bike - Southampton

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
Elizabethsdad

Bakfiets Long john cargo bike - Southampton

Postby Elizabethsdad » 18 Jul 2019, 7:26pm

£1250

Reluctantly decided to sell on my Bakfiets long john. It has not been used much since I got a Hercules cargo bike with electric assist. I kept telling myself that I was keeping it as a back up bike, but really it was mostly out of sentiment - it was my first cargo bike and I used it lot for taking my daughter places when she was younger. However I am now feeling sufficiently guilty that it is not getting used that I would like to see it go to a good home.

The bike is red and is the long version. Comes with rain tent and a pair of De Poort panniers - these are really big and also red. I upgraded the drive by fitting a GTRO 3sp front gear; the rear gear is Nuvinci N360. I still have the original crank set and chain case and will include these or I can put them back on if preferred and drop the price to £1000. Brakes are IM80 Roller brakes. Tyres are Schwalbe Marathon plus and the rear inner tube is Slime filled. B+M dynamo lights. This bike is about as low maintenance as it gets, it would benefit from a service which I am looking to arrange with Really Useful Bikes in Bristol, so the bike could be collected from there if that would be more convenient.

luddite

Re: Bakfiets Long john cargo bike - Southampton

Postby luddite » 18 Aug 2019, 6:11pm

Hi Elizabeth

Is this Bakfiets still for sale? I'd like to get something like this to take my grand daughter to nursery from September. She seems keen to take up cycling so even at two years old. She asked her mum yesterday if she could go home from the park with me. I'd met them there on my bike, and she was disappointed that I was not able to take her. Something like this will be an excellent, safe solution to introduce her to cycling, so hope you are still selling.

Can you email me direct on tim.beesley@hotmail.co.uk, to let me know? Hope to get something this week.

Thanks

Tim