EBAY: "Mike Kelly" 54cm steel framed fixie, full parts list in thread

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
pulseezar

EBAY: "Mike Kelly" 54cm steel framed fixie, full parts list in thread

Postby pulseezar » 26 Aug 2019, 5:19pm

Excuse my copy and pasting of the ebay auction description but I'd like this to go to a good home!

http://ebay.us/kMgHAG?cmpnId=5338273189

Selling my much loved "Mike Kelly" fixie due to not having enough space for all these bikes anymore!

It's a great bike in good condition. The frame is a lugged steel number from the early 90's, "Mike Kelly" is the name of the original owner, and I think it is likely a Raleigh though can't be sure. The paintwork is excellent with a great colour, however there are some chips and scratches as would be expected for a bike of this age. There are also the remnants of a chain-stay protector stuck on the drive side chain stay. The frame has all original features including gear hangar and down tube sifter attachment points so could easily be built up into a geared bike again. There are even holes in the top tube for internal cable routing.

Top tube length 56cm approx
Seat tube length 54cm approx

I built it up with the following parts:

Andel Threaded Cro-Mo Track Cog. width: 1/8 , size: 16t
Andel Cro-mo Steel Lockring
Andel Track and Singlespeed Chainset with 1/8" CNC chainring 165mm 1/8" 44t
KMC 1/8" Singlespeed/Track Chain
Tange Sealed Bottom Bracket length 110mm
MKS Sylvan Road Pedals polished silver cages
Dia Compe BRS 101 Deep Drop Single Front Brake Caliper
Tektro RL720 and RL726 Cross Top Brake Lever Specification: single RH - RL726
Zenith Alloy Bullhorn Bar colour: polished
Zenith (Gran Compe) Forged Quill Stem clamp: 26.0mm , length: 80mm , colour: polished silver
Cinelli Standard Bar Tape
Kalloy 27.2 Seatpost option: 400mm polished
Halo Aero Track Rear Wheel White Fixed/Fixed
Selle Italia XO Genuine Gel 2011 - White - FEC Alloy
Michelin Pro 3 Race Tyres

It also has a vintage Mavic MA40 front rim laced to a French Maillard 700 hub. The hub has started to tarnish a bit but still spins really well.

A couple of things to note with this bike: The seat post doesn't fit well into the frame and the seat post is scratched as a result. It is quite hard to adjust but hasn't been a problem. Also the saddle, bar tape and paint all show signs of use, so while it still looks great there are some tears and chips etc. See photos for more details/

Collection only from south Manchester though if you want to arrange a courier that may work too.

http://ebay.us/kMgHAG?cmpnId=5338273189