54cm Kinesis Racelight - Shimano 105, Carbon Forks - £250

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
bikesandboats

54cm Kinesis Racelight - Shimano 105, Carbon Forks - £250

Postby bikesandboats » 14 Jan 2020, 11:55am

Looking to sell my Kinesis Racelight in very good condition as it a bit too small for me.

The bike is set up with Shimano 105 3x9 speed groupset, all in perfect working order and runs on a Shimano R550 wheelset.

The 1" carbon fork is in brilliant condition and not affected by the fork recall Kinesis issued a while back. Includes SKS mudguards and Elite Bottle cage.

The saddle pictured is not included in the sale, I can provide a suitable alternative however.

I am unsure how to price this but I think for such a good condition £300 is a very reasonable price, I am happy to entertain offers however.

Edit - Price drop to £250 - Need the bike gone before I move house!

Collection preferred from Oxfordshire area although I travel towards Wales regularly or would be willing to meet. Postage could be arranged at buyers cost.

Thanks for looking!
Joe
Last edited by bikesandboats on 18 Jan 2020, 5:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

martin biggs

Re: 54cm Kinesis Racelight - Shimano 105, Carbon Forks

Postby martin biggs » 14 Jan 2020, 1:01pm

Just out of interest what is the measurement as in pics from the floor to top side of the bars and saddle please

bikesandboats

Postby bikesandboats » 14 Jan 2020, 1:10pm

martin biggs wrote:Just out of interest what is the measurement as in pics from the floor to top side of the bars and saddle please

Hi Martin, I will measure these both this evening and get back to you.

bikesandboats

Postby bikesandboats » 14 Jan 2020, 4:36pm

martin biggs wrote:Just out of interest what is the measurement as in pics from the floor to top side of the bars and saddle please

From the floor to the top of the saddle is 95cm, to the top of the bars (next to the stem) is 92cm.

Any other questions just ask.

martin biggs

Postby martin biggs » 15 Jan 2020, 2:35am

bikesandboats wrote:

From the floor to the top of the saddle is 95cm, to the top of the bars (next to the stem) is 92cm.

Thanks for those let me check with my others

martin biggs

Postby martin biggs » 15 Jan 2020, 11:19am

bikesandboats wrote:

Just checked and that's just a bit short of my required settings shame as it looks ideal

pigman

Postby pigman » 15 Jan 2020, 6:30pm

martin biggs wrote:Just checked and that's just a bit short of my required settings shame as it looks ideal

I'm not sure how those measurements help you make a decision. For example, if the bottom bracket height is different, then you will get a different measurement. Once sat on the bike, the height of the saddle and bars from the floor is not relevant. What is relevant is the position of saddle, bars and pedals relative to each other, not relative to floor.

I'll apologise in advance if your questions relate to a mobility problem and you are trying to establish whether you can mount the bike

And finally, I don't know the seller or have any vested interest in the bike being sold, just trying to help

bikesandboats

Postby bikesandboats » 16 Jan 2020, 8:49am

pigman wrote:
martin biggs wrote:Just checked and that's just a bit short of my required settings shame as it looks ideal

I'm not sure how those measurements help you make a decision. For example, if the bottom bracket height is different, then you will get a different measurement. Once sat on the bike, the height of the saddle and bars from the floor is not relevant. What is relevant is the position of saddle, bars and pedals relative to each other, not relative to floor.

Thanks Pigman, very valid points. I suppose Martin may be looking for dimensions similar to a bike he knows is a good fit, which is fair enough.

Martin I am happy to provide measurements for bottom bracket height/drop or any other information that may help.

martin biggs

Postby martin biggs » 16 Jan 2020, 10:39am

bikesandboats wrote:
pigman wrote:

Thanks Pigman, very valid points. I suppose Martin may be looking for dimensions similar to a bike he knows is a good fit, which is fair enough.

Martin I am happy to provide measurements for bottom bracket height/drop or any other information that may help.

I set my saddle at 39 1/2" from floor to top side and bars 36" and then a fine tweak if need be once i have the reach correct , hence my questions .

We all seem to set our bikes up in slightly different ways but i find using the above as guidelines then fine tune , but by far the best way is to ride it and see

Ian Davies

Re: 54cm Kinesis Racelight - Shimano 105, Carbon Forks - £250

Postby Ian Davies » 25 Jan 2020, 9:25am

Hi. Is this bike still for sale? Thanks. Ian

bikesandboats

Postby bikesandboats » 25 Jan 2020, 2:35pm

Hi Ian, still for sale although I do have a friend looking at it on Monday. PM me if you're interested.

Ian Davies

Postby Ian Davies » 26 Jan 2020, 9:06am

Hi, yes I am interested. Tried to pm you but not sure if it went through. If your friend isn’t interested please call me on 07887 625056 and I’ll arrange to come and have a look. Thanks. Ian

bikesandboats

Postby bikesandboats » 26 Jan 2020, 4:04pm

HI Ian, I've not received a PM but I'll send you a text if my friend does not take the bike. Thanks!

bikesandboats

Postby bikesandboats » 4 Feb 2020, 4:50pm

Now sold