20" Revolution Hydro Courier Disc hybrid

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
filo

20" Revolution Hydro Courier Disc hybrid

Postby filo » 12 Jun 2020, 1:57pm

Revolution Hydro Courier Disc hybrid bike

I’m listing this lovely machine on behalf of a good friend and neighbour, Frank. He is approaching 80, his balance isn’t as good as it was and he’s made the decision that the bike really needs to go to someone who’ll get some use out of it.
He bought this bike brand new from the Edinburgh Bike Company in the autumn of 2014, at a cost of £600. After a few short rides, Frank realised that going back to cycling after a 55-year break was not a great idea (for him). The bike was hung up in his (dry) garage and hasn’t been ridden since: having covered no more than 30-40 miles, it’s literally like new.

As an experienced cyclist (and former CTC employee), I’ve thoroughly inspected the bike and there isn’t a mark on it anywhere. Here is a link to the bike as sold by the Edinburgh Bike Company.
https://www.thebikelist.co.uk/revolutio ... disc--2012
There are no changes to the original spec, other than the mudguards, rear rack (supplied & fitted by the EBC). and a quality micro-pump (and the all-important bell!)
Briefly the specs are these:

Size: seat tube c-t-c, 20” (with short seat tube extension - see photo), top tube (slightly sloping) 22.5” c-t-c. 7005 alloy frame, Carbon forks
27 speed Shimano Acera gears
Tektro hydraulic disc brakes
700c wheels with 32mm tyres

Please note: the bike is not mine. It belongs to Frank. You will be dealing with him not me. He is a delightful man who takes good care of anything he owns. His hobby is clock and watch repairing, so that gives you an idea of how meticulous he is. Re sizing, Frank’s about 5’10”, so the bike would suit someone between 5’8 and 6’2”.

I have attached a few photos of the bike, which don't really do it justice. Please contact me via PM for Frank’s details and after that it’s between the two of you. The asking price is £325 - a steal in my book! Collection only, with social distancing maintained, from Morecambe, Lancs.
Thanks for looking.
Steve
Image Attachments
IMG_6187 (1).JPG
IMG_6190 (1).JPG
IMG_6188 (1).JPG
IMG_6191 (1).JPG
IMG_6186 (1).JPG

filo

Re: 20" Revolution Hydro Courier Disc hybrid

Postby filo » 17 Jun 2020, 8:36am

Gentle bump

belgiangoth

Postby belgiangoth » 18 Jun 2020, 2:14pm

The last bike I bought new was a Courier Race and the Courier line is a really great bang for buck series of bikes.
I'd recommend local facebook groups and then eBay and look into shipping options (e.g. anyvan).
Selling a bike for half it's new price is what the seller would like but second hand bikes are a buyer's market...
If I had a baby elephant I would let it sleep in the garage in place of the car. If I had either a garage or a car. (I miss sigs about baby elephants)

filo

Postby filo » 25 Jun 2020, 8:27am

Thank you for your comments, Belgiangoth. I appreciate you're trying to be helpful. I was chatting to my local old school bike shop owner yesterday. They are re-opening next week after being closed since the virus situation started. They have very few new bikes in stock and their suppliers have informed them that new stock won't be available until October. So, under the current circumstances, a quality bike in literally as new condition at half the cost of a new equivalent seems more than fair to me.