Barely used Specialized Globe Pro 52cm carbon/alu frameset touring/gravel/commute

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
The utility cyclist

Barely used Specialized Globe Pro 52cm carbon/alu frameset touring/gravel/commute

Postby The utility cyclist » 17 Jun 2020, 8:12pm

IMO the best all round most versatile frame made in the modern era. Bike has been around the block for a handful of miles and as such is in superb mechanical and cosmetic condition barring some scratches on one of the seat and chain stay respectively, this was from storage as opposed to damage in use.

Sized as a 52cm, the notional top tube length is 55cm c-c, the actual c-c of the seat tube is only 40cm, if measuring to horizontal to head tube it's closer to a 54cm. My good lady has had a quick spin and at 5' 5" she was easily able to ride this, I reckon a smidge shorter would also be a match, upper range wise, whilst at 5ft 11 I can ride it the bars are a fair bit lower than on my own 54cm model. I had to put a much longer stem on mine in any case.

These bikes are decently lightweight in standard spec even by modern standards and is pretty much bang on 10kg as pictured with the pump. From personal experience of the marque I've found the frame-set to be ridiculously robust, it has all the fittings you need for touring including fork leg mounts for front pannier, the only thing 'missing' is a third set of bottle cage mounts. These frames can take tyres up to 50mm in 700C and at least 40mm with appropriate mudguards.

Alu triangle and chain stays, carbon fibre forks and seat stays both with the 'zertz' dampening system.
Specialized Zertz carbon fibre seat-post 27.2mm, one of the adjusting bolts has a bit of surface tarnishing around the head but I've applied copper grease to the threads as these things sit for an age without being moved.
Specialized Body Geometry Sonoma 155 - the 'BG' logo is peeling a tiny bit.

Shimano LX 9x3 STI gear shifters
Shimano XT RD-M771 rear derailleur
Shimano Deore FD-M580
AVID 3 Vs and Avid Brake levers
Shimano CM-540 alloy hollow Octalink cranks - 48/36/26, the 36 - 170mm crank arms
Specialized wide flat pedals.
New HG53 chain, the original KMC had some tarnishing from being sat.
Specialized Globe 700c double wall rims built on Shimano M530 Deore forged double sealed hubs
Shimano 11-32 cassette, shows the tiniest of signs of a chain gone around it
Specialized Nimbus 700x35 tyres (Kenda tubes) - I've some folding/lightweight and very fast rolling 40mm tyres I can sell separately.
Specialized Stem (90mm) and bar 11/8", the bar has some wear mark on one side from a front light being fitted, if the shape doesn't suit I can provide a Specialized straight bar instead.

This rides like a dream, stops fantastically well, gear shifts precise and very decent quality spec.
Could be used for commuting, utility, touring, 'gravel'/off road riding, convert to drops and have it as a winter racer, for club runs, audax etc.

Asking price £700, collection from Letchworth Garden City, 2 mins from J9 A1, could also meet at train station if required and are well serviced by trains from Kings Cross and Cambridge.

More photos of all aspects of the bike can be forwarded.