Peugeot Chamonix classic touring bike - 61cm - Ebay listed

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
BeeJayAitch

Peugeot Chamonix classic touring bike - 61cm - Ebay listed

Postby BeeJayAitch » 22 Jun 2020, 6:14pm

http://ebay.us/wi0rHL?cmpnId=5338273189

Lovely condition Peugeot Chamonix touring bicycle.
Seat tube 61 cm cc, top tube 57.5 cm cc and head tube 20 cm.

Minor scratches, stone chips, etc on paintwork but nothing serious. It’s 30 years old and has been well ridden so not in showroom condition, but has been well looked after.

Mainly classic European original equipment, but with an upgraded Shimano triple chain set (48-38-28) to get me up and over Ditchling Beacon, so it's 21 speed rather than the original 14.

Rear mech and 7 speed 13-32 cassette is Sachs Classic 2000. Weinmann centre pull brakes. Toe clip pedals, alloy rear carrier, mudguards, bottle holder, pump, Selle turbo gel saddle. Two additional sets of bottle bosses for extra equipment if needed.

Wheels are 700 mm Mavic Laser, with brand new 28 mm Continental Gatorskin (puncture resistant) tyres that cost £60.

It’s all working fine and ready to go. It’s a fast and comfortable ride that gobbles up the miles. Having to sell because of ill health.

Collect from Bushey, near Watford, only.

The utility cyclist

Re: Peugeot Chamonix classic touring bike - 61cm - Ebay listed

Postby The utility cyclist » 22 Jun 2020, 8:47pm

BeeJayAitch wrote:
Lovely condition Peugeot Chamonix touring bicycle.
Seat tube 61 cm cc, top tube 57.5 cm cc and head tube 20 cm.

M.
Is there a price for direct sale through the forum?

BeeJayAitch

Re: Peugeot Chamonix classic touring bike - 61cm - Ebay listed

Postby BeeJayAitch » 23 Jun 2020, 10:25am

Hi, I'm new to the process of selling a bike so excuse any naivete on my part. It's possible to maker an offer on this bike through the eBay process if that's what you mean. I don't know if it's possible to withdraw an item from sale, but if it doesn't sell via eBay then it's possible I'd accept an appropriate offer through this forum next week.