SOLD Thorn Kiddyback Tandem M/XXS

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
padbadger

SOLD Thorn Kiddyback Tandem M/XXS

Postby padbadger » 23 Jun 2020, 10:04am

Price: £450
Collection only

Thorn kiddyback tandem for sale, designed to take an adult on the front and child on the back. I'm 5'10" and ride with the set up shown, could possibly fit a slightly taller rider but can be adjusted to accommodate a fair bit smaller, particularly if a shorter stem is used. The child position can take roughly age 4 to 10 and has two pedal positions drilled in the cranks to accommodate shorter legs. It's been used for the past two years for the school run and been great, our son has loved it. I bought it used before that, it's been well looked after and mechanically is sound but has a few marks here and there on the frame from use. I've added new stoker foam grips, replaced the grips on the gripshifters last year and recently replaced the mudguards, bars and stem.

It can come with a shimano dynamo front wheel (no lights included) or a shimano lx hub front wheel as the buyer prefers. It has shimano marathon plus tyres, sunrims cr18 rims (or rigida rim on the dynamo wheel), shimano lx hubs, shimano lx and suntour derailleurs, gripshift shifters, shimano lx brakes. The gear indicator on the gripshift for the rear derailleur does not work, but all is otherwise sound.

This is also listed on ebay