18" Salsa Fargo adventure gravel touring bike custom

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
tenbikes

18" Salsa Fargo adventure gravel touring bike custom

Postby tenbikes » 26 Jun 2020, 5:03pm

DSC_7444.JPG

I have about 20 images, contact me for more if interested. Everything is smooth and in good working order, and has seen little use. [My limited cycling time is divided between lots of bike]

These bikes retail at over £2,000 and come with drop bars. The geometry gives a quiet, stable ride: think tarmac traditional touring bike, but with off road capability. This custom build has better components than the off the peg version.

18" /med
Hope hubs and QR, DT Swiss M520 rims, DT spokes, hand built. Tyres as fitted Panaracer Cedic Gracia Xc 29 x 2.25 but the frame will take wider. I often rode this with 38c road tyres when appropriate to the tour.
Xt r/mech and front mech, and BB. SLX shifters 3x9
SLX cranks but with Middleburn chainrings, 44/32/22 Shimano 11-34 cassette
Avid Elxr5 disc brakes
Specialized bars and grips with Contact ergo bar ends
FSA Orbit headset
Pedals are clippless/flat touring VP Shimano cleat compatible [can be changed for Shimano road clipless unless these sell first]
WTB saddle, Salsa post clamp
Extras include: Rear Salsa rack which was £125, Salsa front rack, x2 Salsa Anything cages, x2 Bontrager bottle cages [room for a third] and a Balckburn pump which is mounted on the fourth bottle cage mounts [side loading cage needed here].
Crud Catcher front guard and off road fenders, but will take conventional mud guards if preferred: braze-ons for this are provided front and rear.
Additional stem with pipe ready to take a QR bar bag mount or lights, computer etc.

Price is £1,100. No offers unless higher ;)) I can post but require some help and guidance on how best to do this.

Located central Scotland near Kinross. When we are free of all lock down restrictions I'm likely to be going to the Yorkshire Dales on a regular basis.

george guy

Re: 18" Salsa Fargo adventure gravel touring bike custom

Postby george guy » 28 Jun 2020, 12:56pm

Hi, regarding the Salsa Fargo very interested in buying the bike from you; but first would like to see any other photos you have of the Fargo. I do presume that the images are of the bike as it is now.

Please sent photos to jguy@purbeck.dorset.sch.uk

All the best Jeremy

tenbikes

Postby tenbikes » 28 Jun 2020, 6:48pm

Email and photos sent 18:47 on Sunday 28th June.....

tenbikes

Postby tenbikes » 29 Jun 2020, 6:07pm

Sold pending payments.