Dawes Discovery twin tandem 20" 16"

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
j c

Dawes Discovery twin tandem 20" 16"

Postby j c » 29 Jun 2020, 12:30pm

It’s a Dawes discovery twin in size 20” – 16” It fits us fine at 6’1” and 5’3” but would accommodate most people with all of the adjustments that are available.

The tandem is in excellent barely used condition however it does have slight marks in the paintwork mostly from being moved around in the garage. We’ve owned it a long time but have barely done 150 miles on it so as you can imagine it’s a really nice bike in good condition. We are selling it for two reasons firstly my partner is getting an electric bike so we can go out together but the main reason is we are having extensive kitchen work done which will reduce the size of the garage and make storage of the tandem difficult.

Spec wise it has:-

24 speed shimano gears.

Shimano V brakes, the frame and forks have all of the mount points for disc brakes so you could upgrade if you wished but the V brakes have worked fine for us.

It has Dawes comfort seats and a suspension post in the rear seat tube.

I fitted new Schwalbe Tandem specific marathon tyres last year as the old tyres were split due to age.

It’s fitted with a normal stem and on the front but also comes with the original adjustable stem, the rear stem is adjustable for height and reach.

It’s an Aluminium frame so is quite light for a tandem.

There are 2 bottle cages, a pump and a rear rack.

I’m looking for £475 which I genuinely believe is a keen price for this bike. I live in Sunderland – North east of England and would prefer cash on collection due to the size of the bike.

Any questions please ask away.

Ride carefully.
Image Attachments
IMG_20200623_181659.jpg
IMG_20200623_181346.jpg
IMG_20200623_181308.jpg