Ladies Ridgeback Comet 44cm

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
The utility cyclist

Ladies Ridgeback Comet 44cm

Postby The utility cyclist » 16 Oct 2020, 7:54pm

This was my partners shopping bike, we wanted something that wasn't going to be attractive to thieves hence the cobbled front guard wasn't an issue for her, there's obviously plenty of cosmetic scrapes and a bit of 'patina' here and there but the bike is solid with no cracks or dents. Frame is aluminium alloy.
As pictured the bike is 12.6kg so not particularly heavy, measures 44cm centre of bottom bracket to top of seat tube, would fit around 5ft upwards to 5ft 7. My partner is 5ft 4 and had the saddle per the photo.

Shimano grip shifters work well with accurate shifts triple front and 6 speed rear.
V brakes bring the bike to a stop in good time and the brake pads are fairly recent so have loads of life left in them.
Wheels spin well given their level, the rear tyre is a near new Panaracer Tourguard, front is a Specialized Pro with a fair bit of wear, I might have another tyre somewhere I can chuck in.
Front mudguard is from a 60s machine so is non matching but works, has some surface rust but is otherwise solid. Alloy rack is in great nick

The saddle is a very comfortable ladies specific but is cosmetically challenged in that some parts of the upper surface is missing but there's no exposed parts or cuts through the material, the shape is similar to the sportstourer. Seatpost has been greased so easy to adjust.

£55 collect from Letchworth Garden City, we're 3 mins from J9 A1.

LaurenceReading

Re: Ladies Ridgeback Comet 44cm

Postby LaurenceReading » 17 Oct 2020, 2:54pm

bargain!