A beautifully made belt drive commuter bike (MEDIUM) with very high spec kit.

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
loislogs

A beautifully made belt drive commuter bike (MEDIUM) with very high spec kit.

Postby loislogs » 16 Dec 2020, 10:50am

£1600, buyer pays on collection. Bank transfer preferred.
Being sold near Lancaster.

Profile.png

Description
A very high-spec, hardly used urban and commuter bike from a small scale bike builder in the UK.
This bike was put together to my bespoke specification in late 2016. At the time I was commuting 15 miles daily and I wanted a low maintenance bike, which would be stylish, easy to clean, practical, and reliable.
It is a gorgeous bike, a beautiful pearlescent white frame with simple, clean lines. The belt drive is as easy to wash and maintain as the manufacturers claim - you can simply hose it down. And no grease marks on your trousers.
The dynamo lights are a real bonus - you don't have to remember to charge your lights, and you know the battery won't run out half-way there. The handling is great for urban riding, with nippy steering.
I'm selling because, in early 2017, only a few months after I got the bike, I changed my job and started working from home full time - and so I no longer need a commuting bike. It is in superb condition, besides one or two superficial details listed below. Sadly, it has sat unused in my house for too long, and the time has come to acknowledge that it would be better for someone else to make use of it.
The frame is size Medium (see size chart in photos); I'm female and 5' 6", so a little smaller than the size chart would recommend and it was a good fit for me.
The gearing was specified for a moderately hilly environment (see gearing below), and was comfortable even on steep roads.
These bikes are not currently in production, so this is a rare opportunity to get your hands on one!
I originally paid £2100 for this bike so with such little use, the buyer is getting a real saving.
Take a look at the Milk Bikes website to read about the RDA in more detail https://www.milkbikes.com/design#/rda/

Condition
Frame condition - very good
Wheels - very good, true
Drivetrain and brakes - faultless.
Some scuffs on plastic end of bar grip plugs from leaning against walls
Pannier rack shows marks where pannier bag has been
Very minor superficial parking scuffs on top tube and chainstay
One mudguard fixing tensioner is missing, but this does not affect the performance
Rear dropout belt tensioner bolts are rusted, but still work

Specification
Milk Bikes RDA -chromoly steel frame in white, size medium (see size chart in photos)
Gates Carbon Drive centre track belt
Hand-built H PLUS SON Archetype wheels
Continental Touring Plus Tyres with reflective walls, presta valves on tubes.
Shimano XT dynamo front hub with quick release (easy to pop it in the back of the car)
Shimano Alfine 8 speed rear hub gear, with 24t sprocket
Gates Centre track 50t chainset sprocket
XT T785 trekking hydraulic disc brakes with 160mm centre lock discs
Milk Bikes branded alloy headset, flat bars (580mm, 6deg sweep), stem (90mm, 10deg) and seat post (27.2mm diameter, 350mm length) in matte black.
Lock-on grips.
Chromoplastic mudguards, black
Tubus Fly pannier rack
Supernova Dynamo E3 pro headlight and E3 tail light.

Sold without pedals - but I can include a basic pair if you want them - let me know.

Any questions, just ask!

Collection only, or may consider local delivery if you have no means of transport - ask me.
portraits.png

portraits2.png

portraits3.png

landscapes.png

willcee

Re: A beautifully made belt drive commuter bike (MEDIUM) with very high spec kit.

Postby willcee » 19 Dec 2020, 5:22pm

Neat machine, a commuter machine in white is a thing I would ponder.. Maybe in a very dry area like the S of France..I had a German high end race machine in the same colour only out on a Sunday, and the wash bucket was never far from me..GLWTS .. will

loislogs

Re: A beautifully made belt drive commuter bike (MEDIUM) with very high spec kit.

Postby loislogs » 21 Dec 2020, 12:09pm

Hi Will, Thanks for your feedback. I used this bike during the winter, commuting on both cycle path (with leaf fall etc), busy city A roads (with gulley dirt) and smaller lanes. I had no problems keeping it clean. The belt drive, and hence absence of an oily drivetrain, means that you don't get oil splatter all over the frame, nor does the drive train get dirt stuck all over it. An occasional very quick rinse down with the hose (or I found a bucket and cup worked too; obviously important for any bike if you've been on salted roads), and a proper clean every couple of months was easily enough to keep it looking nice. I really was impressed with how easy it was to clean in the absence of oily grime - the dirt would just fall off. Beautiful!

willcee

Postby willcee » 23 Dec 2020, 12:48am

loislogs,hope you don't feel I was dissing your machine in my comments, just a view strongly held based on my experiences with white bikes,... mine and customers , friends and colleagues, for my sins I am a fastidious mechanic, so before I work at any machine it has to be a visible entity..that said I hate this new fashion of recent years where the paint is matt or dull finish ,dear god is it hard to clean ...I take your point about the lack of drive train gunge,on white that has to be a blessing.. welcome to the best cycle forum.. and again luck with your sale.. will

disherwood

Postby disherwood » 24 Dec 2020, 3:39pm

Willcee

Are you buying ?.......

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 24 Dec 2020, 3:52pm

Disherwood

Why are you interested in willcee's intentions?........

And so on :wink:

willcee

Postby willcee » 27 Dec 2020, 2:26pm

+1.. no interest apart from regarding a fine machine and not being afraid to say what i like, on here or standing directly in front of you...will