AZUB Origami - folding recumbent - Under offer

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
UpWrong

AZUB Origami - folding recumbent - Under offer

Post by UpWrong »

IMG_20210925_184953_HDR-1024x1024.jpg
IMG_20210925_191411_HDR-1024x1024.jpg
More photos, https://photos.app.goo.gl/4DQZ8wfkNsJQoKR36

One of the very few folding recumbents bikes. It folds down to car boot size quickly and easily. Made in the EU by AZUB. Aluminium frame, CroMo fork.

Halo Sub-4 rimmed wheels, Miche front hub, Shimano rear hub, Big Apple tyres
Durabi 30/42/52 square taper crankset, cranks shortened to 150mm by Mike Burrows
XTR front derailleur, SRAM micro index twist grip shifter
9-speed Shimano 11-28 cassette
Tiagra medium cage rear derailleur, Acera trigger shifter
Avid Arch Rival rear brake, Shimano front brake.
XT brake levers.
Very useful underseat bag with map case and bottle holder.
Seat is large size I think but works fine for shorter people like me too.

Everything works well, and there is no noticeable wear in the transmission or the rims.

All 27 gear ratios are usable, gear range 20”-88”.

I got this in an eBay auction from Kinetics. It came to me with some frame marks near the seat clamp which I have tried to show in a couple of the photos. My guess is the seat came off the clamp and scraped the frame and someone has smoothed out the scrapes to stop them from becoming stress risers. I don’t think they are significant. AZUB frames are renowned for their robustness. I adjusted the seat clamp width and the seat has been secure. I also changed the fork to a quality CroMo one from Practical Cycles after finding it impossible to refit the front wheel because the fork legs had non-standard spacing. Weird. I know the bike was originally built from a frameset by Laidback bicycles. There are photos of it on the web site.

Asking £580 (pedals shown excluded). New price for this spec is around £2800. Collection or rendezvous by arrangement preferred. I have the box it came in and will pack it if the buyer organises pick up and delivery.

EDIT: Ok, I have looked into pick up and delivery. ParcelForce 48(large) quote £85.50 with insurance, so it's an option. The box I have is an ICE trikes box and I would need to partially disassemble the bike.
Last edited by UpWrong on 7 Oct 2021, 9:00pm, edited 3 times in total.
UpWrong

Re: AZUB Origami - folding recumbent

Post by UpWrong »

Reduced to £580. I am prepared to partially disassemble, box it up and post but that's £85 extra (ParcelForce 48 large cost). Would prefer to rendezvous and hand it over. Otherwise, next stop eBay.
djnotts

Re: AZUB Origami - folding recumbent - REDUCED

Post by djnotts »

Nice! Do you have an approx weight?
UpWrong

Re: AZUB Origami - folding recumbent - Under offer

Post by UpWrong »

Provisionally sold.
UpWrong

Re: AZUB Origami - folding recumbent - REDUCED

Post by UpWrong »

djnotts wrote: 7 Oct 2021, 6:44pm Nice! Do you have an approx weight?
I haven't weighed it but I think they are from 33lbs upwards. This one has wider rims and tyres than standardd so maybe 37lbs, but that includes the integrated rack and double leg stand. It feels about the same as my slimmed down Nazca Paseo. It doesn't feel heavy when moving. There are no idlers so the transmission is very direct. It is the best balanced SWB I have ever ridden. Climbing at walking speed is a doddle and I'm usually bad at that.