The Science of Cycle Helmet Safety

For all discussions about this "lively" subject. All topics that are substantially about helmet usage will be moved here.
geomannie

Re: The Science of Cycle Helmet Safety

Post by geomannie »

Airsporter1st wrote:
geomannie wrote:Hi [XAP]Bob

I pretty much agree with your analysis. The best prevention is to be vigilant, though I have unfortunately had the opportunity to give helmets a serious test on 2 occasions.

Regarding the Headkayse (soft) helmet, I have many questions, including the longevity of the materials. That notwithstanding, I have been sufficiently intrigued to order one and will report back after I have used it for a short while.

Its been a while since you said you would report back - did the helmet fail?

I am afraid it has not yet been delivered. The manufacturer currently predicts delivery by April, but the date keeps shifting. I will report as soon as I can.

Cheers
geomannie
Airsporter1st

Post by Airsporter1st »

geomannie wrote:
Airsporter1st wrote:
geomannie wrote:Hi [XAP]Bob

I pretty much agree with your analysis. The best prevention is to be vigilant, though I have unfortunately had the opportunity to give helmets a serious test on 2 occasions.

Regarding the Headkayse (soft) helmet, I have many questions, including the longevity of the materials. That notwithstanding, I have been sufficiently intrigued to order one and will report back after I have used it for a short while.

Its been a while since you said you would report back - did the helmet fail?

I am afraid it has not yet been delivered. The manufacturer currently predicts delivery by April, but the date keeps shifting. I will report as soon as I can.

Cheers

Thanks - I've just been reading about it on their website and that prompted me to do a search on here to see if anyone had any real-world experience of them. Look forward to hearing yours.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Have a nice double layer beanie hat ... in wool ... if anyone wants one ........ :)
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
Airsporter1st

Post by Airsporter1st »

landsurfer wrote:Have a nice double layer beanie hat ... in wool ... if anyone wants one ........ :)

I don't intend to get one - or a beanie hat here in Spain - just interested in the concept.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Airsporter1st wrote:
landsurfer wrote:Have a nice double layer beanie hat ... in wool ... if anyone wants one ........ :)

I don't intend to get one - or a beanie hat here in Spain - just interested in the concept.

:lol:
Well here in South Yorkshire i'm wearing my beanie ....
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
Airsporter1st

Post by Airsporter1st »

landsurfer wrote:
Airsporter1st wrote:

:lol:
Well here in South Yorkshire i'm wearing my beanie ....

20degC+ and not a cloud in the sky this afternoon - not bad for midwinter.