Richard Branson's life saved by a bicyle helmet?

For all discussions about this "lively" subject. All topics that are substantially about helmet usage will be moved here.
pjclinch

Re: Richard Branson's life saved by a bicyle helmet?

Post by pjclinch »

My limited knowledge of anatomy always had the cheeks as part of the skull. Odd that they can take the impact and not break, while the bits protected by the Magic Hat would surely smash and result in death if taking a more secondary impact...

A little knowledge is a often dangerous thing, but it's far more dangerous when wielded by celebrities who feel empowered to talk tosh as if it's fact.

Pete.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Simply, we don't know. That's the long and short of it.

I don't feel affronted by RB's quote - if indeed it was his and not RB as Virgin PR machine in London. Others can diagnose from a single image what happened sufficient to rubbish the quote. I can't.
horizon

Post by horizon »

kwackers wrote:I saw some CCTV footage of him passing loads of decent places for him to lie down with his bike before choosing to lie down at the side of a cliff.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher