Card of explanation.

For all discussions about this "lively" subject. All topics that are substantially about helmet usage will be moved here.
Lance Dopestrong

Re: Card of explanation.

Post by Lance Dopestrong »

If I am ever challenged in such a way, then by way if a reply I will ask why they're not driving a Volvo, why they think it's safe to venture forth in a lesser car?

Of course, this tactic would fail miserably if they were driving a Volvo, in which case I would ask them why they're not driving the next Volvo up in the range with even more safety gadgets?

Just ignore the twits. You can't teach dumb, and shouldn't waste a second of your life trying.
MIAS L5.1 instructor - advanded road and off road skills, FAST aid and casualty care, defensive tactics, SAR skills, nav, group riding, maintenance, ride and group leader qual'd.
Cytec 2 - exponent of hammer applied brute force.
mjr

Re: Card of explanation.

Post by mjr »

Lance Dopestrong wrote:If I am ever challenged in such a way, then by way if a reply I will ask why they're not driving a Volvo, why they think it's safe to venture forth in a lesser car?

I had a minor exchange of hand signals (mine: what the heck was that? theirs: I have two fingers) with a Volvo driver after their dangerously close pass on a short narrow stretch of road yesterday. They might be safer for the driver, but risk compensation often seems to kick in and put everyone else at greater risk :(
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.