Helimeds.

For all discussions about this "lively" subject. All topics that are substantially about helmet usage will be moved here.
Cunobelin

Re: Helimeds.

Post by Cunobelin »

pjclinch wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:It is unequivocal that this will happen for the average person. THEY WILL NOT PASS OUT

1) this.

2) even if they did, that wouldn't actually be relevant to whether or not helmets are good/bad/indifferent for whatever wearer/situation they might be used in.

And 2) is the more important one, or we run in to one of the main issues with helmet flame wars: distraction away from stuff that might really affect safety in a significant way.

Pete.

I have this vision of Supermarkets with hundreds of unconscious toddlers littering the Aisles having held their breath and tased out. Plus the few dead ones having had cardiac arrests.

I do find these relevant, in that it is a classic "We don't need proof helmets work" argument, ill-informed lacking any evidence and easily disproved
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

Cunobelin wrote:
pjclinch wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:It is unequivocal that this will happen for the average person. THEY WILL NOT PASS OUT

1) this.

2) even if they did, that wouldn't actually be relevant to whether or not helmets are good/bad/indifferent for whatever wearer/situation they might be used in.

And 2) is the more important one, or we run in to one of the main issues with helmet flame wars: distraction away from stuff that might really affect safety in a significant way.

Pete.

I have this vision of Supermarkets with hundreds of unconscious toddlers littering the Aisles having held their breath and tased out. Plus the few dead ones having had cardiac arrests.

I do find these relevant, in that it is a classic "We don't need proof helmets work" argument, ill-informed lacking any evidence and easily disproved

It should be, but as we see it's been turned in to another avenue for point-missing "my 'common sense' beats your actual evidence any time!"

You can't confuse people with facts when their minds are made up.

Pete.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Out riding Route 27 today south on my way to Plymouth.
Only cyclists I saw were heading north.

Lots of cyclists out, and most of them were ladies of various ages. All wore helmets.
Saw a few men - not many at all - and they wore helmets too.
I was the only one on the cycle track without a helmet.

I digress ............

One lady who passed me - wearing a helmet - had a small doggy tucked in her jumper. Maybe a Chiwowa (or however it's spelt?).
She had a helmet on, but the doggy didn't. :lol:

If she fell off, goodness knows what would have happened to her little doggy, but she'd have been saved because of her "magic hat" and her doggy would have been squidged.
Mick F. Cornwall