Minimalist helmet?

For all discussions about this "lively" subject. All topics that are substantially about helmet usage will be moved here.
Cunobelin

Re: Minimalist helmet?

Post by Cunobelin »

Nigel wrote:I think there is a folding helmet which has an EN standards certificate.

If an employee of Airbus, then fight as per ideas in the thread. But as a subcontractor, need to comply until it can be challenged the long way round.

You need to be comfortable with the response
tim-b

Post by tim-b »

Hi
Unless you are indispensable to Airbus and their site regs include wearing a helmet then wear a helmet. Neither the security team nor your employer are responsible for this decision so help them out here too.
Does the security team have a stock of "visitors" helmets and vests that you can borrow/return daily which may be of the general site variety but comply with the e-mail?
Regards
tim-b
~~~~¯\(ツ)/¯~~~~
Phileas

Post by Phileas »

So far I've managed to avoid wearing a helmet. Leaving is less risky than entering, but I've started entering by a different gate and I haven't been challenged.

This gate is more logical for me anyway and closer to my place of work and if I'm challenged I can dismount, walk round the corner and remount. :lol: