Angi Helmet crash sensor

For all discussions about this "lively" subject. All topics that are substantially about helmet usage will be moved here.
Davon

Angi Helmet crash sensor

Post by Davon »

Hi all
New here , thanks for acceptance

Please can I ask if anyone uses the Specialized Angi helmet sensor .
I bought a 2nd hand one that came without an activation code . I am of the understanding I will need to purchase a code from Specialized as new user/phone . About £30
Is this correct please . ?

Thanks

Davon
tim-b

Re: Angi Helmet crash sensor

Post by tim-b »

Hi
"What happens if I want to gift or sell my helmet to someone else?
Activation codes are not transferable. This means that, if you want to pair a device to a different phone, the new owner will need to buy a new activation code or pay a one-time fee of $29.99 with the Specialized Ride App." ( https://www.specialized.com/us/en/faq/angi )
Regards
tim-b
~~~~¯\(ツ)/¯~~~~
Syd

Post by Syd »

So even if you retain the ANGI and upgrade your phone you need to buy a new activation code?!

I’ll give it a miss.
DiggyGun

Post by DiggyGun »

The latest ANGIs come with an activation code, but when I activated mine it didn’t ask for the code and just connected to the app.

I sent a query to Specialized who confirmed that an activation is now not required for connecting to the app.
geocycle

Post by geocycle »

Just unscrewed mine from a new helmet. Would only add to anxiety levels. Happy to sell it on unused with activation code if anyone wants one.