Luck counts for more than a helmet

For all discussions about this "lively" subject. All topics that are substantially about helmet usage will be moved here.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Luck counts for more than a helmet

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
pjclinch wrote: 1 Apr 2021, 11:19am
NATURAL ANKLING wrote: Maybe you can explain to me why some people wear a seatbelt to comply with the law in UK, But then pull the vertical strap off the shoulder even under their arm :?
That would be for them to explain, can't speak for them.

But what it does show you is people will dream up all sorts of rather spurious things when it comes to risk. As Robert Heinlein put it:
“Man is not a rational animal; he is a rationalizing animal.
It is entirely normal for people to go with what their gut feeling tells them they want to do, and maybe retro-fit some reasoning in later .
https://www.benchmarksixsigma.com/forum ... attle-r67/

"However, data-driven decisions may not always be the way out of a situation. People who are not brain-washed or are not entirely influenced by the data can see things in an entirely different perspective and can generate ideas that expertise may drive out of one’s brain. This may be seen in situations of business crisis – where to turnaround a business the top management is changed and new people from within the company or outside is brought to bring in an entirely fresh perspective."
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

Wish I had worn mine Friday and Saturday, Fidy I was banging in fence posts with a 20 kilo tubular banger. Posts went in a bit to easily so I missed read how low they had got and lifted the bnager off the post, over my head and then onto it. Saw stars, got tangkled up in teh brambles and wire and had lump like an egg. Saturday was not my fault . :D Dad has a very stroppy ram. Big bugger. He breaks out of one gate which, typical of Dad, is poorly made and fragile. It has been "improved" by a staple and pin at the bottom. Outside the gate are some steep rough steps into a foot path. I was bending down to use the staple and looking at that not the bloody ram. He butted the gate hard enough to break it, clout me in the head and send me **** over *** into the path. 4 whopping great grazes from forehead to nose.
Couldn't wear my cycle helmet Sunday as my head was swollen in two place where the manin helmet band sits.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Get well soon.

And do let us know when the sheep jokes would be appreciated. : - )

Jonathan
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

A mate asked me how the latter set of scars arrived. My initial, reactive response was very rude, had two words, the second was sheep and the first was a swear word, all to commonly used, that is an alternative to sex. He suggested that if that was what I was doing then I was lucky the injuries were not worse. I had to explain that my two word comment was my feelings towards the damn animal not my activities at the time of injury.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

I’ve always said them tubular bangers are dangerous :wink:
Got the chance to use one once. I did one stob and went back to swinging a mell.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info